No announcement yet.

How Textbook is Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Textbook is Floyd Mayweather?

He uses many classic techniques and has a few tricks of his own. How textbook is his style?

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    He uses many classic techniques and has a few tricks of his own. How textbook is his style?
    Well, one thing I notice he does is pulls his head back with his chin up or goes back in straight lines.

Comment

Not as text book as a lot of people think.

Comment

Textbook = JMM

Comment

Mayweather's style is pretty far from "textbook".

He has solid fundementals and is technically sound but he doesn't have a textbook style.

Comment

Harold Johnson is the absolute epitome of what a textbook fighter is.

You won't get any closer to a textbook fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
              Textbook = JMM
              Even the stance?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Even the stance?
                I mean, nobody will ever full agree on one fighter being 100% textbook... Because there is no "textbook". But if you asked me, Id say JMM... Although he does lean forward a little too much for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED View Post
                  I mean, nobody will ever full agree on one fighter being 100% textbook... Because there is no "textbook". But if you asked me, Id say JMM... Although he does lean forward a little too much for my liking.
                  JMM is close, he opens up too much I think though.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
                    Well, one thing I notice he does is pulls his head back with his chin up or goes back in straight lines.
                    What I notice are quite a few instances where he punches without tucking his chin. I am not sure how he is able to get away with it.

Tucking your chin in as you punch is one of the first things they teach inside of boxing gyms.

Comment

Working...
                    X