No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Approves Mayweather-Canelo, Picks Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman Approves Mayweather-Canelo, Picks Decision

Jose Sulaiman, president of the World Boxing Council (WBC), has approved the junior middleweight fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (42-0-1, 30KOs), taking place on September 14th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Sulaiman had recently been pressuring Canelo to drop his WBA title - or face the possibillity of losing his WBC title.

Last year the WBC started a rule where their champions were unable to represent a rival sanctioning body. The WBC approves unification encounters, but the winner has to vacate one of the titles in fifteen days. Canelo unified the two titles in April when he decisioned Austin Trout - and since the victory the Mexican superstar has refused to drop either belt. [Click Here To Read More]

Jose Sulaiman is a clown look at his new ranking this week

Khan ranked #2 WBC at 147, Mosley #5, Cano #12 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid

IMAGE#1

I like how they dropped Guerrero so far down but promote Khan and whoever else they got on that bs list.

Btw what happened to Canelo must drop one of the belts or Canelo must fight Lara/Angulo winner?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Looks like Khan should be fighting Abregu to me.....

Comment

Shane Mosley ranked #5, pathetic

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post

Shane is only fighting for a check. Ranked #5 what a joke.

Comment

Didn't be say last week that Canelo stood no chance a d was going to be knocked out? This guy is a POS... Screw the belts

Comment

The WBC has been a self-serving disgrace to the sport of boxing from the day Sulaiman took over as president. Agreed, their ratings are laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Looks like Khan should be fighting Abregu to me.....
                Good fight, I got Abregu by decapitation.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  I like how they dropped Guerrero so far down but promote Khan and whoever else they got on that bs list.

Btw what happened to Canelo must drop one of the belts or Canelo must fight Lara/Angulo winner?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  Lara will be fighting eliminators forever. He's fighting WBA & WBC eliminators. No fights for an actual title though. Its a shame. We'll see what they do now that he's the WBA interim champion. He's probably going to get the Ajose (WBC) treatment.

WBC rankings are trash. They're elevating guys to try and legitimize fights like Floyd vs. Khan and possibly Broner vs. Mosley. All the sanctioning bodies are shady though.

Comment

Working...
                  X