Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: There is No Way That I'm Losing To Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight will be another barometer as to how important level of competition is vs perceiving talent in lieu of dangerous opponents.

Brook looks like the better fighter to me but he hasn't proved it against anyone of real note - so if he loses badly it could be a legitimate 'exposed' occasion.

Alexander has looked ordinary often but he wins and wins against world-class opponents.

Comment

go Brook!!

Comment

Am leaning towards Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
          Reading your comment did make me chuckle, hearing Kell's ambition and passion for the fight with words destiny n'all and then to be so bluntly shot down was hilarious, I'm still laughing. Sometimes the comments on this site are brilliant.

Seriously though, I agree. Kell has earned this fight but I think the lack of experience at world level will tell in this fight and Kell will lose on points but learn alot in the process. I think Kell is heavy handed and that will help him but Alexander is a level or two above him in experience and discipline and that should win him the fight on points.

I have so much respect for the way Alexander handled Maidana, watching that fight was for me like a matador vs a bull. He showed bravery and skills to contain a very live and dangerous albeit crude opponent that night. I think it was his best performance and he showed he has the ability and mentality of a champion, I've never seen Kell do that, where he's dominant but always in danger.

Kell knows what its like not have it all your own way from the Carson Jones fight, but that was after building an early lead and he just needed to survive to get the W. This time however I don't think he will have his way from the start and although I see him finishing the fight on his feet, by the time he figures out what to do it will be too late. He should be coming in to the fight in great shape, but ring smarts and tenacity will probably see Alexander to a clear and well earned victory. I don't see Kell being a pushover and that's good for Alexander, good for Kell and good for us so it should be good to watch and I look forward to it.

This is boxing though and anything can happen but my money is on Alexander.
          Have you ever actually watched a matador vs a bull? A matador moves out the way and... Ole! They don't hug aka clinch the bulls to death cause we know what would happen then. They instead stab the bulls and move out the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles 2.0 View Post
            Alexander is going to have a coming out party against Brook. This will be the first fight since Bradley that he won't have to worry about legitimate one punch knock out power. Alexander has had time to get used to the weight and is as hungry for an exciting win. Brook will find himself at the wrong place and the wrong time. He will take the beat down that Maidana got times 10. Never seen a thread so one sided and so wrong. The crazy thing is that, if Alexander is so bad, why is he never the underdog. Bloggers don't know, but boxers know. Every opponent from Urango up to and including Brook can be quoted saying Alexander will be their toughest opponent ever. Everyone on this post will be quiet as a church mouse or full of excuses after Alexander beats Brook down and finishes him!
            Alexander by KO in 10.
            Alexander hasnt scored a stoppage in three years pal,in Brook your talkin about a beast of a Welterweight the guy is gonna look like a light middle on fight night.I dont think Ive seen Kell Brook knocked down yet and it certainly wont be Devon Alexander to do it,its gonna be a big puncher with a good ko record.Lets face it Alexander couldnt punch through a wet paper bag and your pickin him for the stoppage.Come on man your seriously overrating Devon,how many more **** performances do we need to see before people stop hyping this dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Am leaning towards Devon.
              same here, although I like brooks style better.

Comment

Kell Brook is going to win.

They're fighting in a pro black crowd in a pro black city

So Kell has to win by KO

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
                  Alexander hasnt scored a stoppage in three years pal,in Brook your talkin about a beast of a Welterweight the guy is gonna look like a light middle on fight night.I dont think Ive seen Kell Brook knocked down yet and it certainly wont be Devon Alexander to do it,its gonna be a big puncher with a good ko record.Lets face it Alexander couldnt punch through a wet paper bag and your pickin him for the stoppage.Come on man your seriously overrating Devon,how many more **** performances do we need to see before people stop hyping this dude.
                  Look PAL, Brooke (that "e" was on purpose) has not been tested until now. He will fail. Alexander looked great in his 1st fight at 147. Alexander could have finished Maidana! Bailey broke the all time compubox record for lowest output, so who could have looked good. Brook will walk into the ring and limp out. He's out of his league just like Kahn is in the states. I stand by my prediction. Alexander by KO in 10------or less!

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles 2.0 View Post
                    Look PAL, Brooke (that "e" was on purpose) has not been tested until now. He will fail. Alexander looked great in his 1st fight at 147. Alexander could have finished Maidana! Bailey broke the all time compubox record for lowest output, so who could have looked good. Brook will walk into the ring and limp out. He's out of his league just like Kahn is in the states. I stand by my prediction. Alexander by KO in 10------or less!
                    Wtf? Lol

Get some points so we can bet on this KO prediction of yours.

Comment

Brook is outclass he hasn't fought the same competion as Alexander. At this point he is a hype job. Sure Alexander haven't always looked good but who else has fought that level of competion without any tune ups

Comment

Working...
                      X