Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Not Pleased, Wants Ponce Mexico Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jhonny Gonzalez Not Pleased, Wants Ponce Mexico Rematch

It was a rough night for Jhonny Gonzalez as he lost his world title to Daniel Ponce De Leon via technical decision. After numerous head clashes, the final one in the 8th round produced a deep gash over Gonzalez’s right eye and forced the ringside doctor to stop the fight. Since it was after 4 rounds, rules state you have to go to the scorecards and De Leon received the nod as all 3 judges had him winning.

Gonzalez spoke to BoxingScene after the fight and informed he wasn’t happy with the judges scoring in the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's going to be neutral in Mexico because you are both Mexican duh lol

Comment

Put it on FNF or Telefetura and I'm on board.

Comment

I scored the fight exactly like two of the judges did which was 79-72 for Ponce De Leon! I don't know what Gonzalez is complaining about because he was too damn defensive throughout the fight once he felt the power of Ponce and he also quit, the cut wasn't in a dangerous spot near the eye it was actually located above the eyebrow. Ponce De Leon fought since the early rds with blood bothering his vision and didn't complain.

Comment

Ponce outclassed him, pressed the fight, landed the better punches, showed better defense and was on his way to stop him...79-72 was the right score.....

Comment

I don't mind a rematch considering how it ended but Ponce was doing work on Gonzalez. Hopefully it would be a bit better the second go around, but I didn't mind it as it was.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Put it on FNF or Telefetura and I'm on board.
              fight is def better than telefutura. thats not even fair. altho i wouldnt mind espn, but its rightfully a wcb undercard fight.

with that said, i think ponce was on his way to a knockout.

Comment

Ponce is just too heavy handed for Gonzalez. I see a ko happening in the rematch.

Comment

For as clumsy as Ponce is, he sure as shit lands straight lefts to the body at will. Most underrated punch.

Comment

Well Jhonny, two of the three Showtime announcers had the fight in favor of Ponce; and they're the most unbiased commentators in the US (unlike HBO). So STFU!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X