Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you were never thrilled by Pacman's style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
    I don't think even you understand what you're saying.

I compared Pac to Robinson because you called Pac a brawler.

If Pac is a brawler, what does that make Robinson?

Fact is when you're landing 40% of your power punches you're not a brawler.

Your an offensive minded boxer-puncher that gives most of the crowd their money's worth.

Maybe you're in the very small minority, but most people watch combat sports for the blood and excitement.

I'm pretty sure if Whitaker-Mayweather ever happened, I'd be using the replay video to help me go to sleep.

Two technical boxers usually don't make for an exciting fight.
    The idea that the current Pacman is some near, complete boxer-puncher is a big misconception.. He's still pretty much the same fighter with a few subtle improvements, that's all.. He's a brawler-boxer... or a skilled brawler should i say... Technically, he's below average.. BUt the reason why he's been looking better than he really is because he's been fed with tailor made opponent who came right at him.. SO yea that makes alot of people believe that he's improved, technically, but, let's see if those improvements work on opponents who dont compliement his style... The last time he fought someone dangerous was MArquez in a rematch and he looked hela amaterish...

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
      Juan Manuel Marquez is not a pure boxer.

Shane Mosley is definitely not a pure boxer.

Nonito Donaire relies a lot more on his athleticism than any pure boxer I've ever seen.

To me, pure boxing was always a way to compensate for a lack of athleticism or laziness. It was like, "oh let me sit down, wait for you to punch, I'll pick my shots, and if you don't throw at all, well I guess I'll be happy with a draw, as long as I don't have to sweat or get hurt."

That's fine if it's what you like. But my preferred style is to just overwhelm an opponent with punches and determination. Never backwards, always forwards.

I have a preference for pure boxers, I didnt call anyone of them "Pure boxer"....2 different things.

Edit i was referring to Mayweather as a pure boxer, Not JMM who i class as a counterpuncher or Lopez, Mosley- boxer-puncher.. etc
      Last edited by Ray*; 01-07-2011, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I hate the dudes style man. Dude is explosive and athletic. But that hopping around bull**** and him not being able to fight inside i dont enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by FINITO View Post
          The idea that the current Pacman is some near, complete boxer-puncher is a big misconception.. He's still pretty much the same fighter with a few subtle improvements, that's all.. He's a brawler-boxer... or a skilled brawler should i say... Technically, he's below average.. BUt the reason why he's been looking better than he really is because he's been fed with tailor made opponent who came right at him.. SO yea that makes alot of people believe that he's improved, technically, but, let's see if those improvements work on opponents who dont compliement his style... The last time he fought someone dangerous was MArquez in a rematch and he looked hela amaterish...
          The idea that Pacquiao is a brawler is a misconception.

Do you know what you're talking about?

If he was such a brawler, then why isn't he getting hit more often by bigger men? Why is a small WW able to compete with a 165 lb man?

When was the last time a one dimensional brawler could compete with bigger men without getting KTFO?

Marquez is one of the best technicians and counter punchers of this era.

Since when does getting hit by a counter puncher make you look amateurish?

In fact if Pac looked so amateurish why didn't he lose those fights by wide margins?

I think you're in denial son.

Open your eyes and see that Pac is the most accomplished Offensive fighter of this era.

He would've been KO'd by Cotto, Margarito, and Clottey if he was indeed a one dimensional brawler like you say.

Comment

You're probably a boring ass motha****a then.

Comment

Look at this ******* attempting to pull ranks. hahahahha Umm where does it say that I only appreciate one style of boxing?? Ive been boxing and watching boxing when you were swimming in ur daddie's tiny balls.
              U dont know **** about boxing..

look at this ******ed ***** spewing boxing knowledge he got from boxrec. i had watched boxing from ali's last fights live, no boxrec back then fool.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                You're probably a boring ass motha****a then.
                Naw, just the sophisticated type... just like the marquez, and the Floyds....

Not some simple azz caveman type like the Pacs and the Maidanas...lolz

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                  I don't think Pacquiao is a boring fighter... But I'd prefer the pure boxers any day of the week to watch: Mayweather, Donaire, JMM, Hopkins, Dawson, Dirrell, prime Morales.

Comment

Naw, just the sophisticated type... just like the marquez, and the Floyds....

Not some simple azz caveman type like the Pacs and the Maidanas...lolz
                    Nerd!!!!!! i bet your favourite game is scrabbles.

Comment

He has a great and exciting style. I just don't like him.

Comment

Working...
                      X