No announcement yet.

Mundine v Golovkin for WBA World Title at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mundine v Golovkin for WBA World Title at 160

After Sturm was made super champ by the WBA early this month talks have been going on between Mundine WBA # 1 and Golovkin WBA # 2 to fight for the World title at 160.

After both sides failed to come to terms, the WBA has ordered a purse bid for the 2 fighters to be held on the 3rd of May.

Golovkin is now a free agent so universum look like they wont show up so things look good for Mundine to win the bid and bring the title fight back to Australia.

While Golovkins record of 18 wins (15 ko's) without a loss looks good but untested on the world stage he beat both Bute and Dirrell in the AM's including KO over Bute.

This is a huge fight for Mundine and lets hope his team can win the purse bid and get the fight on back here.

I just have a feeling mudine will do anythjing he can to avoid the fight! just my feelings..

Comment

Originally posted by I'll be back View Post
      After Sturm was made super champ by the WBA early this month talks have been going on between Mundine WBA # 1 and Golovkin WBA # 2 to fight for the World title at 160.

After both sides failed to come to terms, the WBA has ordered a purse bid for the 2 fighters to be held on the 3rd of May.

Golovkin is now a free agent so universum look like they wont show up so things look good for Mundine to win the bid and bring the title fight back to Australia.

While Golovkins record of 18 wins (15 ko's) without a loss looks good but untested on the world stage he beat both Bute and Dirrell in the AM's including KO over Bute.

This is a huge fight for Mundine and lets hope his team can win the purse bid and get the fight on back here.

wow, thats some impressive wins on his amateur record..
      I hope the fight gets made and Golovkin beats the ##% up.

Comment

Khoder left today heading overseas to the purse bid so they look serious ATM.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Anthony took this fight.

Comment

this would be amazing,
            Gennady GGG Golovkin can KO him.
            UniversumBP really had **** on his talent...

Comment

Originally posted by cleaner147 View Post
              this would be amazing,
              Gennady GGG Golovkin can KO him.
              UniversumBP really had **** on his talent...
              Yeah whats going on with universum?

First Sturm now Golovkin?

Golovkin has real KO power and Mundine is banking on his speed, evasion and counters to get away from the power.

Its going to be a great fight if it comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by I'll be back View Post
                Yeah whats going on with universum?

First Sturm now Golovkin?

Golovkin has real KO power and Mundine is banking on his speed, evasion and counters to get away from the power.

Its going to be a great fight if it comes off.
                Maybe back in the day Anthony might have had a chance due to these factors, but they have diminished now to the point where I doubt he can mix it with any top guy in any division.

Comment

I think it's difficult to gauge where Mundine sits it terms of his hand speed, reflexes and general boxing ability because he has been untested for a considerably long time.

This is a huge step up in terms of competition for mundine and I will be extremely surprised if this fight goes ahead, even though the initial signs seem to be promising.

I will reserve judgement on the outcome of the fight until I watch golovkin fight first.

If the impossible happens and this fight happens, my respect for mundine will rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Sine View Post
                    I think it's difficult to gauge where Mundine sits it terms of his hand speed, reflexes and general boxing ability because he has been untested for a considerably long time.

This is a huge step up in terms of competition for mundine and I will be extremely surprised if this fight goes ahead, even though the initial signs seem to be promising.

I will reserve judgement on the outcome of the fight until I watch golovkin fight first.

If the impossible happens and this fight happens, my respect for mundine will rise.
                    Very good call here mate....Mundine is an A Grade NRL player playing local footy.

If and when he steps up he will rise.....Glolvkin has good power in both hands and fights different lines so he is had to tag and hard to defend against.

However Mundine has the speed and evasion to match it with golovkin.....the question is does he have the power and chin to keep him at bay?

Comment

Working...
                    X