Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Honest, Floyd Mayweather Is The Reason 90% Of You Still Follow Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I totally agree, when Floyd retired I started watching a show called Dancing on Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
      Do the Pac stans even know who those guys are?
      I am a PAC fan and know more on boxers than most Floyd fans. Some Floyd fans have in depth knowledge on boxers superior to me, but they lack on a lot of decent fighters gloabally too.

Also yes I agree some PAC fans only like PAC or only started getting into boxing because of him, but you have to start somewhere. The west are lucky to have had guys from the 70's and 80's or even more if you are older.

Also I am certain some Floyd fans only follow boxing because of Floyd, and tried to find a replacement when he went away. For example some jumped onto Williams, Alexander and Bradley.

I don't look down on anyone who is new to boximg, more fans the better. I just think that you can like whoever you want, even if it's one fighter.

I like Khan and PAC the most, but also really appreciate Peterson and Ward. Peterson is so humble man, his story really is lovely. Ward is smart and quote exciting, but because he shuts people out it's kind of boring in a way which people don't like I guess. He is damn smart verbally, and a smart boxer who represents the sport as a spokesman such as him is great for boxing.
      I like Khan because he was the ONLY UK Olympic boxer in 2004, not sure why w'e only had one dude. He was 17 when I was 19, and I followed him through his fights to the final. I have seen all of his fights and been to one, and will again when he fights a decent guy in the UK. He is fast and exciting win or lose. He can do a boxing clinic, or be stupid and war. He is chinny so I'm always on edge.
      I like PAC because his style in the past was guys and war. I like my fighters to be fast, explosive and powerful or be offensive.

Each one of them has something.

Now I appreciate Mayweather, and fine athlete and boxer. Very good skills but I don't like him as a person which is why I can't be a fan of him, but only his boxing which counts more.

Sad to say I think I may not have liked Muhammad Ali either IMO. I liked him as a kid, but as a man, I really hate people with big mouths.

Comment

If Boxing goes on the decline after he really retires then they will say Floyd carried the sport.

If it gets popular after he retires, then they will say Floyd made boxing popular again.

Comment

Make a poll.

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
            I am a PAC fan and know more on boxers than most Floyd fans. Some Floyd fans have in depth knowledge on boxers superior to me, but they lack on a lot of decent fighters gloabally too.

Also yes I agree some PAC fans only like PAC or only started getting into boxing because of him, but you have to start somewhere. The west are lucky to have had guys from the 70's and 80's or even more if you are older.

Also I am certain some Floyd fans only follow boxing because of Floyd, and tried to find a replacement when he went away. For example some jumped onto Williams, Alexander and Bradley.

I don't look down on anyone who is new to boximg, more fans the better. I just think that you can like whoever you want, even if it's one fighter.

I like Khan and PAC the most, but also really appreciate Peterson and Ward. Peterson is so humble man, his story really is lovely. Ward is smart and quote exciting, but because he shuts people out it's kind of boring in a way which people don't like I guess. He is damn smart verbally, and a smart boxer who represents the sport as a spokesman such as him is great for boxing.
            I like Khan because he was the ONLY UK Olympic boxer in 2004, not sure why w'e only had one dude. He was 17 when I was 19, and I followed him through his fights to the final. I have seen all of his fights and been to one, and will again when he fights a decent guy in the UK. He is fast and exciting win or lose. He can do a boxing clinic, or be stupid and war. He is chinny so I'm always on edge.
            I like PAC because his style in the past was guys and war. I like my fighters to be fast, explosive and powerful or be offensive.

Each one of them has something.

Now I appreciate Mayweather, and fine athlete and boxer. Very good skills but I don't like him as a person which is why I can't be a fan of him, but only his boxing which counts more.

Sad to say I think I may not have liked Muhammad Ali either IMO. I liked him as a kid, but as a man, I really hate people with big mouths.
            No love for Bute!?

Comment

now that's a definition of a ***** LOL.

Comment

After having light to no interest in the sport after I retired in 1988 it was actually Pacman who got my attention to look back into the sport. As for Mayweather I prefer a man with morals and ethics over an actor who plays the role of a "heel" to gain more attention than he needs. I thinks its very sad that such a talented fighter thinks he needs to project such a weak personna. The way the family members presents themselves hurts boxings reputation hugely, it just shows its only about them and boxing has little to no meaning to them.I don't get that at all because Floyd junior wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for youth boxing. Floyd Sr. would have been gone along time ago. They could be the first family of boxing but they choose to be the "Gangsta" clowns instead of the new blueprint. Damn shame to me but its only my opinion from a distance. Not sure Boxing will recover without positive personalities showing up in the next 5 years. Pro boxing might look like European amatuer boxing if the interests in it stays so low in the states. Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                  ...Ward is smart and quote exciting, but because he shuts people out it's kind of boring in a way which people don't like I guess. He is damn smart verbally, and a smart boxer who represents the sport as a spokesman such as him is great for boxing...
                  completely agree with this. Ward is a great boxer and great spokesman for the sport. I'm a big Ward fan. I hope he gets more exposure though. I didn't even realize he's younger than both Pac and Floyd!

Comment

lmfao wow..........

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                      well this makes you a ten percenter and thus you didnt need to comment right? or you just couldnt avoid commenting in another floyd thread?
                      Yea im the 10% from a made up stat, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X