No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya's Pro Debut Targeted For December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diego De La Hoya's Pro Debut Targeted For December

The pro debut of hot amateur Diego De La Hoya is being targeted for December. Born on August 13, 1994 in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico - the boxer known as "The Golden Kid" has had over 250 amateur fights for over four years represented his country in international tournament.

Diego, son of Paul De La Hoya, is the first cousin of former champion and Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya. Diego's father (Paul) is the brother of Mr. Joel De La Hoya (father of Oscar), and boxing has been in his blood since he was 6 years old in his native Mexicali.
    [Click Here To Read More]

glad he signed with goldey. stay away from arums dirty a.

Comment

this kid, no matter how good, will b the MOST protected boxer, more than
      JCC jr & Alvarez...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
        JCC jr & Alvarez...
        Hell no! This kid is WAY more skilled than Chavez Jr's bum ass or Canelo's slow ass...I've seen him fight plenty of times live and this little dude ain't no joke. He has all the tools to be a big time star! I just hope Oscar hooks him up with a proven trainer who can bring the best outta Diego.

Comment

his last name,pros and cons,pros because people will be talking about him,saying he's Oscars cousin and what not,he becomes a champ and will get paid pretty good,the down side to his name will be the expectations,the comparisons,that will never stop and that puts a lot of pressure on him,i'm sure if he becomes a good pro fighter and wins a belt he will always hear his famous cousins name in the interviews

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
            JCC jr & Alvarez...
            I don't think so. Unlike JCC jr and Alvarez who had absolutely no Amateur experience this kid is seasoned.
            Over 250 amateur fights, kid has talent. He won't need 30+ fights just go learn the sport as Jr, and Canelo needed.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
              I don't think so. Unlike JCC jr and Alvarez who had absolutely no Amateur experience this kid is seasoned.
              Over 250 amateur fights, kid has talent. He won't need 30+ fights just go learn the sport as Jr, and Canelo needed.
              This little dude is ready! I hope they hook him up with a good trainer though....his style would be a perfect suit for Floyd Sr to mold, he already has that little shoulder roll defense and is pretty quick on his feet. His hand speed is also pretty fast. The only thing were yet to see the quality of is that chin....

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                This little dude is ready! I hope they hook him up with a good trainer though....his style would be a perfect suit for Floyd Sr to mold, he already has that little shoulder roll defense and is pretty quick on his feet. His hand speed is also pretty fast. The only thing were yet to see the quality of is that chin....
                I was thinking the same thing.
                Sr. would be great for this kid.

Comment

I've seen a video of him sparing seems he don't have much pop, I might be wrong tho.

Comment

Floyd Sr is a joke of a trainer. He needs a real trainer like nacho.

Comment

Working...
                    X