No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Says He Was Saved By Documentary Movie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Says He Was Saved By Documentary Movie

Mike Tyson's movie saved him from his "pariah" public image.

The controversial former world champion boxer has been impressing audiences with his one-man show Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth.

Tyson also opened up for a documentary movie, Tyson, which was directed by James Toback.

The filmmaker says the movie was just what people needed to see.

"The public had a totally negative view of him. He was a pariah. They saw him as an ear-biting psychopath and rapist," Toback told the New York Post.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by THEBLASTER
    Why glorify Mike Tyson? Tyson has abused so many decent people over the years. How many decent folks has this loony hurt??
    That can be said for a lot of people, I don't know how many people he has actually hurt.....do you?

How many people has he saved? There's a lot of people he is touching now sharing his story and showing the changes he has gone through. A lot of people can relate to him. Most famous people are fabricated images of themselfs, you don't sense that with mike tyson, just brutal honest truths.

Comment

mike was young naive and misguided after cus so i forgive him 100 percent hes not the only guy to have been young and dumb just because he famous his **** that he did was spread like wildfire

Comment

It's true. If you were around fight forums before the mid 00s up to the late 00s he was extremely hated compared to now. The movie made the switch.

Comment

Why glorify Mike Tyson? Tyson has abused so many decent people over the years. How many decent folks has this loony hurt??
          You've obviously never seen the documentary. In no way does it glorify him. It's very honest.

Comment

Has Mike Tyson ever done anything good in his life?? Has Tyson ever helped anyone or donated to a good cause?? Tyson'e life is one big mess and he is more of a joke than anything. Tyson is not a good person and is dangerous.
            Why don't you google it?

I have a lot of sympathy with your view, fundamentally he is a dangerous and highly strung individual but to give him his due Tyson has been honest about his flaws and while he clearly finds it challenging he at least wants to do the right thing and tries to be a humble person. It's his struggle.

Comment

An Excellent movie/documentary! Mike has changed his character so much, you gotta Love the guy, and yet still fear him.

Comment

Sounds like it's the film maker saying it saved Tyson's life. Personally I think Mike Tyson saved Mike Tyson's life.

Comment

I wouldn't let any kid watch any movie with Mike Tyson's life story involved.
                  Why don't you watch the doc and watch a TV show called same name. He switches lives with someone else named mike Tyson for a week( I think) pretty cool what he did at the end.

It seems like ur a pure hater, I'm not saying mike is a saint and that he never did bad things. But kids can learn from the guy. Someone who had everything but lost it all, was a bad person but his own accounts and changed his life around.
                  Not a bad story at all.

Or do you want ur kids watching another fake star....say like tiger woods who was once goody 2 shoes and now exposed as fake.......at least Tyson is real

Comment

Is this on YouTube?

Comment

Working...
                    X