No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev, Bakhtin Discuss Klitschko vs. Povetkin Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Valuev, Bakhtin Discuss Klitschko vs. Povetkin Clash

“I’m not here to seek any excuses. I did everything I could”, said a fallen (now ex-) WBA heavyweight titlist Alexander Povetkin in a statement following his hard Saturday loss to Super WBA / IBF / WBO / IBO unified champion Wladimir Klitschko. “I’m disappointed that I was unable to land some of my shots cleanly and I haven’t shown everything I can do”.

“I feel myself perfectly, and I’m not broken – not by a bit. Only my back is a bit sore but nothing serious. I’m ready to move on, to train more and more zealously. I feel I will be an official challenger once again in a certain period of time. And then we shall meet (each other) again”, stated Povetkin.

[Click Here To Read More]

Valuev should come back and take all Wladimir's belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Valuev should come back and take all Wladimir's belts.
      Imagine Valuev using the tactics Wlad used against Povetkin.. 100% invincible, as long as he has Baboon reffing the fights!

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
        Imagine Valuev using the tactics Wlad used against Povetkin.. 100% invincible, as long as he has Baboon reffing the fights!
        Pabon was a joke, we can agree on that.

Comment

Are they really talking about a rematch?

I don't think Wlad will go near Povetkin again unless he has to because next time the referee would not be so favourable.

What was the part at the end about, people in the crowd dying?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
            Are they really talking about a rematch?

I don't think Wlad will go near Povetkin again unless he has to because next time the referee would not be so favourable.

What was the part at the end about, people in the crowd dying?
            Several spectators of the boxing match between Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko and Russian Alexander Povetkin at Olympic Stadium in Moscow on October 5 felt complained of health problems and one of them died, a source in emergency services told Interfax.

The source said that a total of five people sought medical assistance during the match, three were hospitalized with one of them dying in the ambulance. Doctors diagnosed the spectator with thrombemoblia

http://rbth.co.uk/news/2013/10/06/sp...tch_30556.html

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
              Several spectators of the boxing match between Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko and Russian Alexander Povetkin at Olympic Stadium in Moscow on October 5 felt complained of health problems and one of them died, a source in emergency services told Interfax.

The source said that a total of five people sought medical assistance during the match, three were hospitalized with one of them dying in the ambulance. Doctors diagnosed the spectator with thrombemoblia

http://rbth.co.uk/news/2013/10/06/sp...tch_30556.html
              Yeah, I had to check on that quickly, myself. I originally thought it might be some bizarre pun on the death of the fight itself and people dying of boredom, but fortunately checked before I made some light-hearted comment on it.

As Sugar Nick pointed out, as ugly as wlads tactics were, they were a legal response to Sasha coming in too low for legal punches to be confidently landed. Still not nice to look at however.

LOL at Sasha tho - he's fine, but his back hurts

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                Yeah, I had to check on that quickly, myself. I originally thought it might be some bizarre pun on the death of the fight itself and people dying of boredom, but fortunately checked before I made some light-hearted comment on it.

As Sugar Nick pointed out, as ugly as wlads tactics were, they were a legal response to Sasha coming in too low for legal punches to be confidently landed. Still not nice to look at however.

LOL at Sasha tho - he's fine, but his back hurts
                Yeah. Wlad caught him some times in the seventh though, I thought he had him there.

Comment

I'm not surprised that Povetkin's back hurts. He had 240 pounds hanging off it all night.

Comment

Working...
                  X