Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margarito the highest Ranked Welterweight when Manny fought him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Obviously he didn't.
    How could the media have it wrong? I thought Pacquiao always fought the best fighters and the most toughest!!

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      Man im a Margarito fan and a Pacquaio fan but hislast 2 against Margarito and Mosley were bull**** fights he hasnt fought anyone dangerous since Clottey
      I wouldnt even call Clottey Dangerous, I'd say his last dangerous/meaningful fight was JMM back in 2008.

Seriously, I'm a Pac fan as well (see sig) but I'll be the first to admit we've been conned by Pac, Roach and Arum for the last 3 years - very careful, clever match making.

Comment

So guys let me get this str8!!!

Why didn't Pacquiao fight Berto rather than Mosley or Margarito??? He fought CLOTTEY and Clottey is 10 times more unknown than Berto, atlest Berto has a fanbase, while people in Ghana didn't even know who Clottey was?

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
          I wouldnt even call Clottey Dangerous, I'd say his last dangerous/meaningful fight was JMM back in 2008.

Seriously, I'm a Pac fan as well (see sig) but I'll be the first to admit we've been conned by Pac, Roach and Arum for the last 3 years - very careful, clever match making.
          Ok maybe not dangerous but atleast credible as i would rank Cotto credible too the rest since were mismatches but yes agreed the JMM fight was the last time Pac went into a 50 50 fight

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
            If I'm not mistaken wasn't Paul Williams ranked as the 3rd WW behind Floyd Mayweather and Yuri Foreman was ranked next, and Clottey was the 5th Ranked Welterweight I believe.
            Foreman is career jmw so that cant be right Paul Williams hasnt fought a meaningful fight at ww since probably 2008 so he could not be ranked as a ww

Comment

They didn't even fight at welter.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                How could the media have it wrong? I thought Pacquiao always fought the best fighters and the most toughest!!
                Of course he does. I would say pac, cotto, marg and clottey is the equal or better of hagler, leonard, hearns and duran. Wouldn't you?

Comment

NSB still infested with deluded *****s i see,sad times this used too be a good forum but it seems the real boxing fans and moved on and post elsewhere now

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    NSB still infested with deluded *****s i see,sad times this used too be a good forum but it seems the real boxing fans and moved on and post elsewhere now
                    MAybe you should go there. What sites do you recommend?

Comment

You guys are right, MOSLEY was ranked number 3 in WW...

Gessh...I wonder why Pacquiao didn't fight Mosley back in 2009, Mosley went to the wild card and called him out, and for some reason he said Mosley was too big.

Comment

Working...
                      X