Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander Beats Down Lee Purdy For TKO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon's a BEAST at 147! hopefully his hand heals soon.

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T.
      Devon's a BEAST at 147! hopefully his hand heals soon.
      He looked great tonight imo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Can't give Devon too much credit for this one can't take away any either. He did what he was supposed to and dominated the no hope fighter across from him. He wasn't able to look spectacular because his dance partner didn't give him anything to work with. It reminded me of Pac-Clottey. Good stoppage by the corner though. No need to let him take punches if he's not going to throw back, no matter how soft the punches are.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer
          Can't give Devon too much credit for this one can't take away any either. He did what he was supposed to and dominated the no hope fighter across from him. He wasn't able to look spectacular because his dance partner didn't give him anything to work with. It reminded me of Pac-Clottey. Good stoppage by the corner though. No need to let him take punches if he's not going to throw back, no matter how soft the punches are.
          I think people should give him credit for going toe toe. Especially since some said he doesn't/can't do it.

He tries hard to entertain tonight.

Comment

They might as well of just set up a punching bag in the ring and let him go at it for 36 minutes. Not saying that's Devons fault, but c'mon. I guarantee you when they brought Purdy to Team Alexander as the late replacement, they went something like this:
            ">

Comment

Originally posted by turkas View Post
              I think people should give him credit for going toe toe. Especially since some said he doesn't/can't do it.

He tries hard to entertain tonight.

I think we've got to keep in perspective just how limited an opponent he was facing tonight. I've watched Purdy fight several times and to be honest with you, he's British level at best. Which is to say that he's not even European level. No disrespect to Purdy who showed heart, but if Devon was spoiling against this guy then he might as well just retire. Not to mention Purdy's style, which saw him standing directly in front of Devon with his hands up saying (literally saying at times) 'hit me'.

Credit to Devon for doing what he was meant to do, but let's see what he shows against a live opponent next time.

Comment

Against a target standing right in front of him, Alexander still failed to impress even before hurting his hand

I surely don't want to see no damn Mayweather vs Alexander...EVER!

Comment

I pick Alexander to beat Khan in a very closely contested matchup for the right to fight ..............Broner

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    I am the charter member of the IHATEALEXANDER fan club. I am glad to know it grows because he ****ing SUCKS.

Regardless of what you think about Devon, he has W's over Matthysse, Maidana, Kotelnik, Urango, Bailey...ALL power punchers... so like Floyd May says, "it might look easy looking in from the outside, but once you get in the ring its totally different"

So Devon might not be as garbage as what you think, didnt Lucas Matthysse himself say Alexander was the hardest and toughest fighter he's fought so far....so who am I going to believe that Alexander is garbage, you or the 140lb KO artist CHAMPION......easy choice, I'll go with LM.....
                    Anyway good fight tonight Lucas, you did your thing tonight.....

Comment

Oh and btw, it was not Devons fault tonight he was fighting Lee "friggin" Purdy...how about putting the blame on Kell Brook for pus..sying out

Comment

Working...
                      X