No announcement yet.

Golovkin vs Pirog will fight 8/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Geale vs Sturm in Germany as well, it gets better!

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn
    I'm told Dmitry Pirog meets Gennady Golovkin 8/25 on @HBOboxing sted of Daniel Geale, who's instead going to Germany to face Felix Sturm 9/1

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
    Probably not since its a unification. WBA will most likely give Sturm a pass like they always do and just say it's because of that.

And since Golovkin already has the regular WBA title, it solves the problem of Pirog's stupid mandatory as well.

Both match ups are great. I think Im a little more interested in Geale-Sturm for some reason though.
    Sturm was supposed to fight his mandatory Golovkin by September as was Pirog with that b1tch N'jikam. Im sure the WBA will allow Sturm to keep the WBA Super Title but i suspect the WBO will strip Pirog even though unificaions are supposed to take precedent over mandatories.

Awesome fight but i do think it sucks that Pirog and Golovkin have to take eachother out cuz the rest of the division are gutless ****s. I'd rather see them fight Sturm and Geale as it shouold have been then face eachother afterwards.

Comment

Pirog vs Golovkin is a great fight so im surprised its being made.

We know Pirogs a good fighter and he us up against another great talent. These guys are better than Chavez who holds the main title. Sturm and Martinez are their only threats.

Pirog has all the tools but Golovkin is a killer. He knocked Bute out and beat Andre Dirrel in the amatuers and as a pro he has basically steamrolled everyone. He is my pick to take over the division post Martinez

Comment

Pirog v golovkin is a super dooper fight. Im assuming golovkin starts fav but im all over pirog - i think he is a special fighter.

Geale invariably goes 12 rds with his opponents so getting the nod over a german darling like sturm is probably wishful thinking. He got the nod over sylvester in germany but to get one against sturm would be spoiling him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Too good to be true. Pirog got his hand forced and now they both have a solid opponent...how about that.
          Great move by HBO.

Comment

Huge fight. Can't wait

Comment

Second half of the year is shaping up to be amazing.

Comment

Pirog-Geale Out... Pirog vs. Golovkin In?

danrafaelespn Dan Rafael

I'm told Dmitry Pirog meets Gennady Golovkin 8/25 on @HBOboxing sted of Daniel Geale, who's instead going to Germany to face Felix Sturm 9/1
                Source - Twitter - danrafaelespn

This situation turned for the better...

Pirog-Golovkin is the more intriguing fight; a clear challenger for Martinez will arise from the fight.

Sturm wanted no parts of Golovkin, but Geale is no pushover either.

There's going to be 2 unified beltholders at middleweight. The corrupt WBA's going to be in the same situation they were at featherweight with Gamboa and Chris John; they won't mind having 2 Super titlists in the same division then getting another Regular titlist in the mix and perhaps an interim titlist for good measure.

This is going to really clear up 160.

Comment

Pirog sucks slow plodding bum waiting for his eventual ass whooping.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Pirog sucks slow plodding bum waiting for his eventual ass whooping.
                    C'mon, Mark. Pirog has the same stance as someone like Broner (I can't remember what they call the style) and uses the shoulder roll effectively and is a pressure fighter. His style is the direct opposite of a typical East European boxer and that's what make him fun to watch. I think Pirog's inactivity made him look 'ordinary' against Ishida but hopefully he'll be better prepared for Golovkin.

Comment

why would they make this fight ...both these guys can come here a whoop any american at 160 then build up a fight with eachother

Comment

Working...
                      X