Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Floyd is broke..Al Haymon is helping him."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't know what Floyd's financial state is, but the article is overly doomy and gloomy. admittedly, Floyd is struggling for a distinctly appealing option right now, there's a negative attached to pretty much any opponent he could fight short of Martinez at the moment, but i'm still pretty sure a Guerrero fight could do respectable numbers while a fight with Canelo later this year could do very good numbers (especially if Canelo legitimizes himself with a win over Trout).

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      The demand was shattered . Hes never lived up to any of his hype. And his fights have been boring on top of that. Hes never fought the best version of anyone over the last decade. JMM took what little steam Floyd had when he KOd Manny!
      The next biggest fight for Floyd would be vs Canelo and it still wont pull in half of the ppv buys that a Floyd/Pac fight would have pulled in prior to Pac's KO loss to JMM. Why? because Canelo isnt a household name in the U.S. He's huge in Mexico but isnt huge amongsts casuals here in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        The next biggest fight for Floyd would be vs Canelo and it still wont pull in half of the ppv buys that a Floyd/Pac fight would have pulled in prior to Pac's KO loss to JMM. Why? because Canelo isnt a household name in the U.S. He's huge in Mexico but isnt huge amongsts casuals here in the U.S.
        do you think Floyd /Pac would bring in more PPVs than Floyd /Canelo as of now?

Comment

I couldn't care less how "broke" a multi millionaire fighter is. That still doesn't change the truth, or the facts. And the truth is that a Pacman fight right now is about as useless as say Jones/JC.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            do you think Floyd /Pac would bring in more PPVs than Floyd /Canelo as of now?
            Absolutely! Pac is miles ahead of Canelo as far as popularity in boxing. People will still pay to watch him as his style is very fan friendly. Although he lost his last fight by devastating KO he still put up a very good fight and was actually up on the scorecards prior to being KO'd.

Comment

There's a video interview with 50 cent over at Doghousse with 50 stating that Floyd is flying high but will come to a crash landing when he comes down due to having no other revenue stream outside of boxing.

Comment

The writing is biased but it is pretty clear floyds gonna end up like tyson. Dude spends money like if he holds it for any period of time it will burn a hole in his pocket.

Comment

The way he gambles and fritters money away on material things I wouldn't be shocked if he was struggling financially. Lucky for him he grosses 40mil a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    The way he gambles and fritters money away on material things I wouldn't be shocked if he was struggling financially. Lucky for him he grosses 40mil a fight.
                    And do you know what he ends up with after taxes, expenses, paying GBP and Haymon? Maybe $15mil if he's lucky!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X