No announcement yet.

ANyone know what size gloves for Cotto/Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANyone know what size gloves for Cotto/Mayweather

I think Mayweather wants the 8oz becuase it will increase his chances of a Knockout. DO you guys think Floyd will feel pressure to KO Cotto, so he can say he beat a bigger more Natural COtto than Pac, or does Floyd have an escuse if he wins a UD. His escuse will be that Cotto was not weight drained like he was for Pacquaio.

What if Cotto pulls of an Upset, but Pacquaio beats Bradley. Then Cotto gets Pac rematch, Pac loses, then Pac May gets made. LOL. THats just my silly joke for the day. PEace.

Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
    I think Mayweather wants the 8oz becuase it will increase his chances of a Knockout. DO you guys think Floyd will feel pressure to KO Cotto, so he can say he beat a bigger more Natural COtto than Pac, or does Floyd have an escuse if he wins a UD. His escuse will be that Cotto was not weight drained like he was for Pacquaio.

What if Cotto pulls of an Upset, but Pacquaio beats Bradley. Then Cotto gets Pac rematch, Pac loses, then Pac May gets made. LOL. THats just my silly joke for the day. PEace.
    I just think Floyd wants 8 oz gloves so he can do more damage and be able to bring his power up in weight...I dont think he's thinking about a KO...He's just thinking about hurting Cotto as much as possible and MAYBE get a KO...I see the fight potentially getting stopped like TKO...I dont know about a KO

Comment

Prob will be 8 OZ, whatever Money wants, he gets.

Comment

Money wants 8oz and I think I read that they have a request w/ the Nevada Commission to use 8oz.

8oz benefits both fighters so I expect a few knee bucklings by both fighters

Comment

Right, I was thinking that its an advantage both ways, Cotto may be able to bang with them 8oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Shona Boy View Post
            Right, I was thinking that its an advantage both ways, Cotto may be able to bang with them 8oz.
            what good are these gloves for cotto when floyd is pretty hard to hit because of his style ?

Comment

will it be 8oz reyes?

Comment

Floyd doesn't need an excuse to win a decision against Cotto. I think every one who's being realistic with themselves is expecting a decision. Some just don't rule out a TKO, and I wouldn't be surprised either. But i'm fully expecting a UD from Floyd. Floyd is not a big puncher, Cotto has a bad chin and terrible defense so maybe Floyd can stop him, but if he doesn't he shouldn't bashed for it cause that's what is expected of Floyd anyways. Remember, like 20 of his 26 KO's came at 130. That means he only has 6 KO's above 130. And from 2006 to 2011, he has 2 knock outs, one questionable one against Ortiz, though I thought he would have knocked him out regardless.

If anything, people say that Cotto might have lost by KO to two cheaters, so now he's facing some one who has no history of cheating, no accusations of cheating, and his KO power has dropped considerably...but then they'll still be complaints that Floyd should have stopped Cotto, but the only two that have stopped him were possibly cheating[not my opinion]. So which one is it?

All I care about is who Floyd will fight next, I don't care about this fight. Whether he knocks him or not, it doesn't matter to me as a Floyd fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                  will it be 8oz reyes?
                  Idk, I'm sure Mayweather will be wearing Grants.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
                    what good are these gloves for cotto when floyd is pretty hard to hit because of his style ?
                    Well, any hard punches that Cotto does manage to land should hurt more.

On Floyd's side I would think that he is putting his fragile hands more at risk by using less padding in the gloves.

Comment

Working...
                    X