Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Potentially on His Way Back To HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Potentially on His Way Back To HBO?

BoxingScene.com has heard circulating rumors in the industry regarding the possibility of former three division world champion Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30KOs) making his return to HBO.

For nearly his entire career, Cotto was promoted by Top Rank. After his promotional agreement ran out at the end of 2011, he elected to become a free agent. In 2012, Golden Boy Promotions co-promoted both of his fights, against Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Austin Trout. The fight against Trout, on December 1, was televised on Showtime.

A few weeks ago, it appeared that Cotto was being lined up to face former champion Cornelius "K9" Bundrage, on a tentative date of September 28th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. [Click Here To Read More]

He had one fight on Showtime, and he is his own man so he is free to fight on any network.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      He had one fight on Showtime, and he is his own man so he is free to fight on any network.
      I think he had two fights on Showtime. He fought Mayorga on Showtime.

Comment

Nobody wants to see Floyd vs Cotto again. How about Cotto vs Kirkland on HBO??? He needs to fight somebody good at jr mw. Will it even be in Brooklyn still being that HBO might telecast it and Barclays had that deal with GB???

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
          I think he had two fights on Showtime. He fought Mayorga on Showtime.
          I think he means post arum and top rank. He was under bob still for the mayorga fight.

Comment

HBO welcomes everyone in the business, not just Cotto.

Comment

hbo = desperate

but who's there for him to face??? golovkin? smh....

i guess if you wanna turn golovkin and the likes into ppv stars they have dethrone the likes of 'miguel'....

but cotto ain't mw..... he ain't even a jmw....

Comment

I hope so, everyone worth while is at Showtime right now

Comment

If Cotto wants to be a champ at 160 he might be looking at the Geale/Barker winner down the line.

Comment

Feed Cotto to Gennady. It will accelerate his star power and make for great viewing - another spectacular knockout.

I'm sure they can meet in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                    X