Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Oscar de la Hoya the the most financially successful boxer outside of the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish262 View Post
    Does anyone know what the K brothers venture into? There pretty smart guys and sell out soccer stadiums when they fight.

I know when tyson was young, it was predicted that he was going to be the first athlet to crack the Billion dollar mark, but we all know what happened there.
    lol, promoting, man.

those are their shows. they usually work with other promotors, but "K2" is running those shows. they pay the bills and collect the checks.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      It's Foreman with De La Hoya second.
      You think Foreman has more money than DLH?

Damn, maybe I know it has to be close because of all that money Foreman made on those grills.

Comment

Correct he owns Golden Boy and Ring Mag. I've also seen him on the richest athlete list along with Tiger Woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          You think Foreman has more money than DLH?

Damn, maybe I know it has to be close because of all that money Foreman made on those grills.
          I had to do a case study on Foreman some years back; investigating the grill, interviewing him, etc etc. Foreman struck a sweet equity deal with the Company at the outset in exchange for his name and being a spokesperson. He then bought back the rights to his name for nearly $150m. He's made close to $230m on this deal alone. That doesn't include all his other endorsements, earnings in the ring and earnings while working at HBO. It's Foreman but Oscar is right behind him.

Comment

I had to do a case study on Foreman some years back; investigating the grill, interviewing him, etc etc. Foreman struck a sweet equity deal with the Company at the outset in exchange for his name and being a spokesperson. He then bought back the rights to his name for nearly $150m. He's made close to $230m on this deal alone. That doesn't include all his other endorsements, earnings in the ring and earnings while working at HBO. It's Foreman but Oscar is right behind him.

a quarter bill is a lot of money.

do you know what he paid for the rights to his name?

Comment

Foreman has made more money than DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                a quarter bill is a lot of money.

do you know what he paid for the rights to his name?
                No clue - but he was bought out for close to $150m.

Comment

DLH has made more money than Foreman.

Foreman's right behind him though.

Comment

It has to be Foreman. Regardless of his 25 kids. Then it's without a doubt Oscar at 2nd.

Comment

Damn, I didn't know he was that rich.

Comment

Working...
                      X