No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman is Hospitalized With Injuries

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Joan Guzman is Hospitalized With Injuries

Joan Guzman, who yesterday at the BB&T Center in Florida lost his unconquered record against Khabib Allakhverdiev via an eight round technical split decision, is recovering from multiple injuries suffered in the fight. The CEO of Acquinity Sports Gary Jonas, promoter Henry Rivalta, trainer German Caicedo and the boxer's family were at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Florida, where the Dominican boxer was hospitalized and observed by doctors. Guzmán suffered two fractures in his right hand and a serious fracture to the lower part of his left knee. Guzman will be off his feet for six weeks and may require surgery.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wow, a fracture in his knee and he still tried to fight through it like a warrior.

But here come the trolls (i.e Maniac and Co).

Comment

damn, those are some bad injuries.

btw, love all the keyboard warriors who called him a quitter. Two fractures in his hand and a broken leg? lol I'm sure everyone on NSB would fight with no arms or legs!
      Last edited by ИATAS; 12-01-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Get well soon champ.

Comment

He lost fair and square but forget the haters who are calling the injuries fake and calling him a quitter. It doesn't make sense to fake an injury after your best round.

Comment

Wasn't he suppose to be an all time great????? Hope he learns from the loss and bounces backkkk

Comment

My respect to Joan. What a warrior.

Comment

Scars of war! Joan Guzman is warrior. much respect sir! get well soon!.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                  Wasn't he suppose to be an all time great????? Hope he learns from the loss and bounces backkkk
                  no one said he's an all time great but he's 36 years old now and unfortunately wasted a lot of his talent for several years. he obviously had a lot of talent which is undeniable but made too many mistakes that cost him big time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    He lost fair and square but forget the haters who are calling the injuries fake and calling him a quitter. It doesn't make sense to fake an injury after your best round.
                    Yeah, it's unfair for all those to say that he quit..... And its true that the 7th round was his best round.....BUT with that being said, Guzman was getting pulverized in the 8th round and he was going to get brutally knocked out had he not blown out his knee, IMO.

You could see it coming.. there was one point where Guzman got up after he fell where Khabib charged straight forward and you can visibly see he smelled blood in the water. He has a great killer instinct and literally the moment that Guzman fell from blowing out his knee, he was ready to be KO'd... You've gotta be incredibly delusional to think that Guzman was going to be able to hold up that pressure for 5 more rounds..

With that being said, Guzman did indeed show a lot of heart in a one-sided fight and from getting up for like 2-3 knockdowns.... I'm not sure how long his hand was injured, but lets not get it twisted here....half of you probably didn't even watch the fight and fail to realize that Guzman didn't fight with a hurt knee. Right when he fell and hurt his knee, he got up and tried to shake it off and as soon as the ref let the action continue, Khabib literally rammed forward ASAP and hit him flush on the chin and right as he was about to unload a flurry of shots and go for the knockout, Guzman fell.

Also lets not forget this whole event was coordinated by Guzman's team and the way that Khabib was disrespected by them messing up the Russian National Anthem, to the way the referee missed 2-4 knockdowns, to the way THE REFEREE DIDNT START A 10 COUNT BUT ACTUALLY HELPED PICK UP A FIGHTER TO SEE HE IF HE WAS OK AND GIVE HIM TIME TO GET HIMSELF TOGETHER AFTER A CLEAR KNOCKDOWN, to the way that one of that judges actually had the audacity to score the fight for Guzman.....made me glad the right man won, because this whole event was straight garbage and a disgrace. All of the cards were set for Guzman to "win" this fight... (irrelevant to Guzman's injuries/heart)

Guzman fan here, and as a boxer; I respect him just for stepping into the ring, and as I've said I respect the fact that he had the heart to keep on getting up.....BUT lets not act like Guzman put up this great "Mexican-Warrior" type performance.....He got his ass whooped and as soon as his Khabib smelled blood, he fell down and knew he had enough.. In this case his knee WAS actually injured, making that quite the coincidence, but as I've said...he was ready to go regardless.
                    Last edited by King_; 12-02-2012, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X