Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever thought that May is using Ortiz to tune up for Martinez and not Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember Floyd used to claim he would like to fight at both 147 and 154 so at least it's plausable.

Comment

Yeah....sure he is.

Comment

anyone know how much Ortiz weighed on fight night with Berto? I won't doubt that fight from popping off at all because Martinez is not involved with Arum, so it could happen. Honestly, it would be good for Floyd and a nightmare for Arum and Pac since if they can't get Floyd vs Pac next because of the same bull**** theres no where for Pac except Bradley, winner of Khan/ Judah, Berto, or worse......fighting Ortiz if Mayweather beats him. Floyd will still have the option to fight Martinez. i see it happening if they can't make the mega-fight next year.

Comment

Pacquiao is simply a more lucrative fight. Why is Floyd gonna risk going to 154-160 against a still very effective, strong, fast Jr / Middlweight who doesn't possess anywhere near the payday Pacquiao does?

As Floyd has stated, he's not fighting to see who the best is.

Comment

Don't think Floyd is looking at Ortiz as a tuneup. That would be stupid. I do, however, think he's more likely to fight Martinez than Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
              Think about it Ortiz is a huge WW southpaw with Middleweight power. With the lay off Mayweather could be a JMW. If and it's a big IF Mayweather gets past Ortiz then he might be wanting to face Martinez seeing how Pacroid wants to have a window for drug testing. Martinez is open to any day testing as well as Ortiz. I always had a hunch about this match up. Plus it's a sellable fight and Mayweather would **** on Pac's resume again.
              Very interesting suggestion but I think not. I wouldn't say Ortiz is a tune up. I think Khan or Manny is more likely for floyd because either is more profitable (manny in Vegas, Khan in Wembley) than Martinez.

Comment

Highly unlikely.. Floyd has not fought non-GB fighters since Baldomir, which was 2006.. Since then it was all in-house GB fights that Floiyd was involved in. He is more likely to fight Khan or Alvarez, than Martinez or Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                  Highly unlikely.. Floyd has not fought non-GB fighters since Baldomir, which was 2006.. Since then it was all in-house GB fights that Floiyd was involved in. He is more likely to fight Khan or Alvarez, than Martinez or Pac.
                  I can see Ortiz, Manny, Khan, then a loss to Canelo.

Comment

Comment

No I don't think that's the plan. The only thing Ortiz and Martinez have in common is that they're both southpaws. Why fight the bigger risk in Martinez when you can fight a "one dimensional midget" in Pac? Neither Pac or Floyd want any of Sergio.

Originally posted by Clint650 View Post
                      anyone know how much Ortiz weighed on fight night with Berto?
                      He weighed 160lbs I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X