Whose Going to Watch Pac-Clottey 24-7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splackavellie View Post
    ...says the boy with a roid sig.
    The sig wasn't my idea, it was a gift from the Pro Blood Test crowd. Do I think Pac should have submit to the testing? Yes I do. No pro athlete should ever refuse a better drug testing regime. If McGwire hitting 70 homeruns is cause for suspicion then so is moving from 135 in less than a year and knocking out Miguel Cotto at Welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by hahaa View Post
      24/7 wasn't made because X boxer is famous, therefore people will watch.

24/7 was made to help promote the upcoming fight, and so they have story lines within those 4 episodes. training, family, camp conflicts, etc.
      Thanks for telling me the history and purpose of the HBO 24/7 documentary series

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Thanks for telling me the history and purpose of the HBO 24/7 documentary series
        I got you, dont trip

Just making sure, cause you know your argument (as quoted) is that x boxer and y boxer isn't popular therefore they dont get a 24/7.

but yeah got your back!

Comment

I got you, dont trip

Just making sure, cause you know your argument (as quoted) is that x boxer and y boxer isn't popular therefore they dont get a 24/7.

but yeah got your back!
          It's not just popularity, the world just simply doesn't care about Pac vs Clottey. Now dont get me wrong, its a good fight, but as far as having an interest beyond the ring action itself....the world doesn't care. The storyline the world cares about are the one's involving Mayweather, this is also the storyline that HBO cares about as well.

With that said, I just dont see HBO investing a lot of time or money into Pac-Clottey.

Comment

It's not just popularity, the world just simply doesn't care about Pac vs Clottey. Now dont get me wrong, its a good fight, but as far as having an interest beyond the ring action itself....the world doesn't care. The storyline the world cares about are the one's involving Mayweather, this is also the storyline that HBO cares about as well.

With that said, I just dont see HBO investing a lot of time or money into Pac-Clottey.
            Thats the point of HBO producing the show, it's their intention to grab the people that don't know/care about the fight to buy their ppv. They are giving viewership a "preview" if you wanna call it that.

And there will be interesting storylines. Cowboys stadium, pacs infamous failed negotiations, Clottey's canceled bout, heck even his life.

Comment

who wouldnt watch it...

Comment

Thats the point of HBO producing the show, it's their intention to grab the people that don't know/care about the fight to buy their ppv. They are giving viewership a "preview" if you wanna call it that.

And there will be interesting storylines. Cowboys stadium, pacs infamous failed negotiations, Clottey's canceled bout, heck even his life.
                Thats the politically correct way of viewing it. The original 24/7 showcased Floyd and Oscar and their certainly where not many out there who didn't already know them. HBO does things for ratings just like any other network. If they dont see Pac-Clottey as generating what they are spending to make a 24-7 series they wont do it. This fight, if you ask me, is a Arum, Jerry Jones project, this is their baby, not HBO's.

Comment

Thats the politically correct way of viewing it. The original 24/7 showcased Floyd and Oscar and their certainly where not many out there who didn't already know them. HBO does things for ratings just like any other network. If they dont see Pac-Clottey as generating what they are spending to make a 24-7 series they wont do it. This fight, if you ask me, is a Arum, Jerry Jones project, this is their baby, not HBO's.
                  Ratings is vital, but im sure they will produce pac-clottey 24/7 if they get the fight. i mean calzaghe-jones had one. lol

it's true that it's their project, but it's probably in their best interest to run the ppv with a company that has the track record. but who knows maybe jones has connections and he and arum will do something completely new.

Comment

Working...
                  X