No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire's Target is Three Fights For 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire's Target is Three Fights For 2014

BoxingScene.com recently caught up with former four division champion Nonito Donaire who returns to the ring on November 9th against Vic Darchinyan. The fight will be televised by HBO as part of a tripleheader.

The 30-year-old Donaire's fight against Darchinyan will be his first in the featherweight division. He said that having the extra four pounds to work with will make a big difference.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One of them better be a Rigo rematch, because the forum cretins won't leave him alone until he avenges that loss or at least attempts it.

Btw the inexplicable hate for Donaire dates back well before the Rigo loss. I think it started when he tried to leave TR and sign with GBP. I really don't know what caused it. Maybe the Pac fanboys got mad at him because he was unwilling to play second fiddle to their idol? That's the only explanation I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
      One of them better be a Rigo rematch, because the forum cretins won't leave him alone until he avenges that loss or at least attempts it.

Btw the inexplicable hate for Donaire dates back well before the Rigo loss. I think it started when he tried to leave TR and sign with GBP. I really don't know what caused it. Maybe the Pac fanboys got mad at him because he was unwilling to play second fiddle to their idol? That's the only explanation I can think of.
      I think some of it has to do with the incident with his father but IMO why he gets hated on is because he is plainly an unlikable person. Bad personality, excuses, lazy training. His interviews are cringe worthy. All of that combined with HBO trying to shove him down the fans throats it has caused a lot of hate.

Anyway expect Top Rank and HBO to put him in with more slow fighters which he will look good against.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
        I think some of it has to do with the incident with his father but IMO why he gets hated on is because he is plainly an unlikable person. Bad personality, excuses, lazy training. His interviews are cringe worthy. All of that combined with HBO trying to shove him down the fans throats it has caused a lot of hate.

Anyway expect Top Rank and HBO to put him in with more slow fighters which he will look good against.
        I was going to say something similar. People just don't like Doniare because he's a douche.

Comment

They'll probably give him belt holders Gradovich or Walters. If Lomachenko keeps winning hard to see how they wouldn't fight at some point.

Comment

1) Bad personality? Brandon Rios and David Haye are unmitigated *******s, yet they don't get anywhere near the amount of hate Donaire does.

2) Excuses? Man, almost EVERYONE makes excuses after losses or lackluster performances. That's really no reason to hate on a guy.

3) Lazy training? He claimed to have been ill prepared for Rigo, but other than that I don't know of any fights he trained poorly for.

4) HBO shoving him down the fans' throat? He fought pretty good comp, and while not always entertaining, I don't recall him stinking out the joint against anyone. HBO shoved waaay worse fighters down our throat (Berto, anyone?).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
              1) Bad personality? Brandon Rios and David Haye are unmitigated *******s, yet they don't get anywhere near the amount of hate Donaire does.

2) Excuses? Man, almost EVERYONE makes excuses after losses or lackluster performances. That's really no reason to hate on a guy.

3) Lazy training? He claimed to have been ill prepared for Rigo, but other than that I don't know of any fights he trained poorly for.

4) HBO shoving him down the fans' throat? He fought pretty good comp, and while not always entertaining, I don't recall him stinking out the joint against anyone. HBO shoved waaay worse fighters down our throat (Berto, anyone?).

Where have you been? This forum hates David haye and you can't blame them. Rios also gets alot of hate around here. And you call a shot to pieces Arce good competition? That fight was shoved down people's throats to try and make him look good

Comment

For a minute, I thought you were talking about Adrien Broner.

Comment

Let me guess:

1. Nonito Donaire vs Fernando Montiel II

2. Nonito Donaire vs Jorge Arce II

3. Nonito Donaire vs Vic Darchinyan III

I can't wait..

Comment

Always nice to see top fighters fight more than twice a year...

Comment

Working...
                    X