Pacquiao ok's 55-45 split

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao ok's 55-45 split

Pacquiao OKs 55-45 split

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 01/20/2009 7:16 PM

If it’s 55-45, then it’s a go.

Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao said this will be the revenue split he will accept for his scheduled May 2 “superfight” with British fighter Ricky Hatton.

“Sa tingin ko, mag-aadjust naman sila, at sa tingin ko matutuloy ang laban. In-adjust naman nila yung 50-50 sharing (I think they’re willing to adjust and that the fight will push through. They were able to adjust the 50-50 sharing),” said the heavy-hitting southpaw from General Santos City.

“Kaunti na lang [ang kulang]... Payag na ko sa 55-45 (Just a little bit more...and I’ll say yes to 55-45),” Pacquiao added.

Pacquiao, considered as a national hero in the Philippines, said he is expecting a very good fight from Hatton.

“Sigurado akong maganda ang laban na ito. Pareho kaming sugod-ng-sugod at malakas (I’m sure this will be an exciting fight. We both like to charge and we’re both strong)," he said.

The Filipino boxer said he will begin working on his conditioning as early as February.

He added that they will likely set new strategies just like what he and his coach, Freddie Roach, did for his victorious “Dream Match” with Oscar de la Hoya.

“Halos magkaparehas kasi kami ng istilo ni Hatton kaya maraming adjustment na gagawin... Tulad din yun ng laban namin ni de la Hoya na mahaba-haba ang training (My fighting style is similar to Hatton’s so we have to make some adjustments… just like in our fight against de la Hoya, we will go into long training)," said Pacquiao.

War pacquiao!!!!

Comment

nooooo **** off with the 45/55

Comment

cmon hatton just go for 55-45.

Comment

Working...
        X