No announcement yet.

Laptop problem..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Laptop problem..

I probably wont be on much these days until I go and get my laptop checked out. Last night for some reason it just shut off(no weird noise, no nothing) and it won't turn back on. No lights, nothing. Could it be the battery? It was 50% charged when it shut off. I checked the back, took the battery out, cleaned it and evrything, then a charging light went on and when I tried to start it(hit the power button) everything shut off again.

I've had it for a year now, HP, 17 inch and when I got it, it was 1.299$..

Anyone else experience problems like this? let me know.

If I wont be on for a bit, you know why.
    Happy Holidays...
    Last edited by Dorian; 12-26-2009, 01:48 PM.

My laptop has a dead battery in which it needs to have the charger plugged in in order to start, different from your problem all i need is a need battery

Comment

Have you tried plugging it in? Or are you just trying without any power cables because it had 50% life?

Comment

I plugged it in and left it over night to charge and nothing, no lights, nothing.

what a nice x-mas gift

Comment

(I'm on my brothers PC atm, doubt i'll be on longer, he has to work)

I'll keep checking from time to time if anyone has any ideas on what might be wrong.
          I've had it for a year and never had a single problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by P.WILL View Post
            My laptop has a dead battery in which it needs to have the charger plugged in in order to start, different from your problem all i need is a need battery
            so even if my battery were dead, it should start if it's plugged in right?

damn.. might be something else then.

Comment

Also, when I plug it in, the "charging light" goes on the side but nothing else works.

Comment

Does your computer start? Maybe the display went out?

Sucks to hear this, brotha.

Comment

it happen to my laptop..plugin charge light on nothing happens..and the problem is the memory..it still have warranty so i got it fixed for free,,

Comment

My warranty expired not long ago

Memory? anyone know how much it would cost?

Comment

Working...
                    X