Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking about this yesterday. I'm not sure. Not to be a dick but you can't just let a guy in the HOF because something tragic happens. He had a very successful career but IDK if it's HOF worthy. Of course who the hell really knows how they vote people in. There are definitely some people in it that could arguably not be there.

One thing I was thinking about though, is that his life isn't over. Just because he can't box anymore doesn't mean he can't do things for the sport. As we all know, you don't have to be a boxer to get in the HOF. What if he started doing other great things for the sport? Maybe that in combination with his great career could get him there.

Comment

• man i always wished he learned how to box and sit behind his jab! but he was stuck in his ways! that being said, NO he does not belong in the hall of fame!

Comment

• well u know what? rocky balboa is in there so yes he should be in also!

Comment

• Paul got a good record. But i don't think we should count Winky as that solid a win just due to recent tragedies.

Winky is to Williams what Roy is to Calzaghe. Or Margarito to Pac....

At best.

Don't think he will get in, but i would be happy for him if he did. But i don't think he needs that kind of pity. He know what he did and he probably realize it's not quite enough for the hall of fame.

(then again people seem to feel Froch is a lock for hall of fame, and i disagree so i probably just don't know **** to begin with.)
          Last edited by Barry Halls; 05-30-2012, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Love the guy, but I don't think he's a HOF. He may get in though. The criteria has weakened drastically over time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Rocky sucked. Rocky and Titanic, 2 most overrated movies in the last 50 years.
              The first Rocky is still a very solid movie. Overplayed, but damn good. Titanic is trash and doesn't deserve to be mentioned anywhere near Rocky.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                The first Rocky is still a very solid movie. Overplayed, but damn good. Titanic is trash and doesn't deserve to be mentioned anywhere near Rocky.
                Rocky was crap too, in my opinion. The toughest acting Stallone had to do was "Hey yo Adrian".

As far as boxing movies go, Raging Bull has to be the best in my book. De Niro is and always will be the man.

Comment

• How could anyone question Stallones induction to a non-participant category?
                  Rocky has probably done more for boxing than 90% of the actual fighters inducted, and I'm actually serious about that.

Rocky actually got me into boxing to begin with. And i could see that being the case with a lot of kids born in the 70's and 80's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                    How could anyone question Stallones induction to a non-participant category?
                    Rocky has probably done more for boxing than 90% of the actual fighters inducted, and I'm actually serious about that.

Rocky actually got me into boxing to begin with. And i could see that being the case with a lot of kids born in the 70's and 80's.
                    Very true. It's still a very very very overrated movie. I was born in the 70's and couldn't stand Rocky from the first time I watched it. The acting and script just isn't that good, a very overrated movie. Maybe it's just because I can't get into Stallone.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Rocky was crap too, in my opinion. The toughest acting Stallone had to do was "Hey yo Adrian".

As far as boxing movies go, Raging Bull has to be the best in my book. De Niro is and always will be the man.
                      Stallone basically had to act like himself.

I still love the first one. I would never say it's the best boxing movie ever, but it is a damn good underdog story.

Comment

Working...
                      X