No announcement yet.

Perceived Ability vs Proven Ability: Carl Froch vs Lucian Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perceived Ability vs Proven Ability: Carl Froch vs Lucian Bute

I think this is definitely the match up of the year and could well be Fight of the Year.

Froch has had the toughest run of fighters over the last few year than any other fighter out there. Bute has not faced the same caliber of fighters but has looked impressive in his hometown fights and has shown some great technical skills and seems to be a big puncher.

Bute the IBF Champ has been accused in the past of just being a home town fighter but now he travels to Froch's backyard to defend his title, a move that I have much respect for.

It is shameful that the two main American Networks, HBO and Showtime, have passed on this fight but was picked up by Epix and minor cable channel.

Froch is coming of a loss, but it was a under par performance against Ward, and he will have his hometown fans supporting him and maybe influencing the judges. Froch has a granite chine, a great jab and can bang with the best of them, has to good work rate and great stamina.

Bute is unbeaten, is a huge puncher, fast hands, a slick style with some fast combos and good body punching but his chin is suspect.

Froch is a warrior but can have too much machismo to be crafty and be sensible when needs be.

So who have you got for this fight?

I haven't got a clue who to pick
    Bute
    48.72%
    Froch
    35.90%
    Too close to call
    15.38%

The poll is expired.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      I haven't got a clue who to pick
      Same boat...... Rooting for Froch though

Comment

Sometimes you actually make sense. Like this tread. I'd go with Froch who's tried & true. Vs Bute who shows good skill against limited fighters.

Comment

I can see a KO for bute.

Comment

Froch will come from behind on the cards rally and stop Bute late.

Bute being over protected up until this point will hurt him imo the guys 32 been a champion for a number of years and his best win is against a 40+ guy with something like 15 losses Bute also has a very suspect chin.

Froch is being written off and I like that Bute is in for a tough night imo.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                I can see a KO for bute.
                No way Froch is getting knocked out in Nottingham, nobody has done it before why would that happen now? Hes up for this fight no doubt, this is why Bute needs to be on fire tomorrow.

Comment

I have to sit on the fence with this one as well. Froch on paper should lose handily, but he just keeps coming up with the goods, time and time again. He also seems to respond very well to losses, and has shown adaptability and composure against big punchers. His hands, whilst slow, are heavy, and the pressure he brings tends to break faster guys down over time. He's also a much smarter fighter than people give him credit for, and is mentally one of the toughest men in the sport.

Bute is still sort of a question mark for me. He's obviously got phenomenal punching power and world class skills, but I still can't get the Andrade loss out of my head. Froch does a lot of things similar to but better than Andrade, and fighting in front of his hometown might spur him to walk through a firestorm for the KO. He certainly has the chin for it, but then again Kessler hurt Froch to the body, and Bute has a vicious body shot.

Aargh, I don't know. As a Brit I want Froch to win, but Bute is one of the few guys out there that could stop him IMO. Bute by...

Nah, I'm still sitting on the fence.

Comment

I don't think you will find a more competitive fight this year between top class boxers.

I might end up eating my words but I can't see nothing but a great fight no matter who wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X