No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Vows That Weight Will Be No Problem on 3/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Vows That Weight Will Be No Problem on 3/1

Former World Boxing Council middleweight champion, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., promises that he won't have any trouble with making weight for his rematch with Bryan Vera on March 1 in San Antonio, Texas. When they fought last September, Chavez won a controversial ten round unanimous decision in California. In the days leading up to the fight, Chavez struggled to make the super middleweight limit and the weight had to be increased to a near light heavyweight limit.

[Click Here To Read More]

Does he know he's not fighting in the question mark weight class for this fight?

Comment

Let's go Chavez!! Sr gave their strategy away by mistake on A Los Golpes, it was hilarious. He was like oooppsss oh well. Said JR was going to box the first 3 rounds then after the 4th the plan is to take the fight to Vera and break him down.

I'm ready to put Jr back on my team, don't want to see that pathetic backwards crap I saw the last fight. One of the reasons I became a fan of Jr was because of his come forward style. He's got some real power on those hands as well.... Looking forward to it!

Comment

I kinda want to see Froch-Chavez Jr. next. Groves can wait till the fall.

Comment

Chavez Jr won't amount to squat in the boxing game, never will be like his father once was, didn't inherit the traits at all of the great Julio Cesar Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
            Chavez Jr won't amount to thing in the boxing game, never will be like his father once was, didn't inherit the traits at all of the great Julio Cesar Chavez.
            He did inherit the traits, that's why he has managed to come as far as he has with little discipline. Whether you like it or not, the blood of Chavez Sr flows thru his veins and he is destined for greatness but only if he wants it. He has heavy hands and he inherited Srs chin.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Whatever....just make weight

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                    He did inherit the traits, that's why he has managed to come as far as he has with little discipline. Whether you like it or not, the blood of Chavez Sr flows thru his veins and he is destined for greatness but only if he wants it. He has heavy hands and he inherited Srs chin.
                    Pretty much all of this

Comment

Working...
                    X