Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner will make weight

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      im entitled to my opinion. i just dont like the guy. he copies another guy! not jealous in the slightest! infact id be embarrassed if i was related to that.
      It annoys me that every time someone states their opinion of a fighter, nut-huggers have to bark about how they are haters and jealous, etc.

Can someone not just be disliked for being an overly ****y hype-job?

Not saying Broner has NO talent, but Mayweather took a while before growing into that role. He beat a lot of tough competition and won a few belts before shedding his relatively humble skin. Many people don't like him because they think he is conceited, but he is generally one of the more professional athletes out there and his success is undeniable.

What the hell has Broner accomplished, aside from missing targeted weight and arguably getting a gift against Ponce De Leon? At least Mayweather took an immediate rematch in his only questionable decision win. Broner's only big name win and he runs from a rematch?
      Last edited by JAW; 11-14-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

A guy weighs 160 pounds and has to suck down to 135 to fight smaller guys isn't that good and has no confidence in fighting at his natrual wieght. It's like Mike Tyson sucking down to Cruiser wieght back in the day to fight smaller and weaker guys

Comment

Well they said as of last week he was 139 so I don't think there should be any problem but we'll see.

Comment

4 lbs to go by Friday. I don't think he will have any trouble losing the 4 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by JAW View Post
              It annoys me that every time someone states their opinion of a fighter, nut-huggers have to bark about how they are haters and jealous, etc.

Can someone not just be disliked for being an overly ****y hype-job?

Not saying Broner has NO talent, but Mayweather took a while before growing into that role. He beat a lot of tough competition and won a few belts before shedding his relatively humble skin. Many people don't like him because they think he is conceited, but he is generally one of the more professional athletes out there and his success is undeniable.

What the hell has Broner accomplished, aside from missing targeted weight and arguably getting a gift against Ponce De Leon? At least Mayweather took an immediate rematch in his only questionable decision win. Broner's only big name win and he runs from a rematch?
              for the record Broner has 2 questionable decision wins. Quintero, and Ponce

Comment

Shaw says he won't let Broner do it, but then says he can do exactly that. There were reports that Escobedo made at least double what he signed for. Possibly even more. lol

Comment

first shaw there would be no fight,now he says demarco would get double...i would stick to the no fight

Comment

what bothers me is the fact that all these people who love broner and defend him for being as unprofessional as he is(not makin weight) have probably NEVER been in a ring in their lives. people can say whatever they want about his skill(which he has lots of) or his half gay father combing his hair and kissing his booboos. when people are critical for a fighter not makin weight, they arent hatin. love the guy all u want, but when people stick up for this fool tweeting mcdonalds and candy and then dude doesn't make weight, kinda makes these broner lovers seen less then real boxing fans who respect a fighter keeping his contractional obligations. people want to hate on the guy for having 5 kids with 5 baby's mama's not really right imo, but to call the guy out because of something he did in the ring is just being a boxing fan. so i guess i'll say sorry to all the over emotional broner lovers for hatin on their ghetto king, english major lol , man crush on mayweather, daddy's little girl now and save them the thread on the hatin. dude can fight, but he's not the legend he thinks he is (ala floyd).

Comment

Protecting your fighter is a good thing big G, but in reality those 3 pounds Broner had over Escobado did not make a difference!! Only thing I felt bad about was watching Ecsobado be broken in front of his wife and kids and then start crying. Thats the only thing I felt bad about but Broner had way to much skill for him any which way you cut it!!

Comment

Working...
                      X