Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Uchiyama-Farenas Early Results: Igarashi Dethrones Jaro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Uchiyama-Farenas Early Results: Igarashi Dethrones Jaro

Takashi Uchiyama attempts the fifth defense of his alphabet 130 lb. title as he faces visiting Filipino challenger Michael Farenas on Monday evening in Saitama, Japan.

The card is a title fight doubleheader of Japan versus Philippines. The co-feature saw Sonny Boy Jaro's unexpected flyweight title reign end in its very first defense, suffering a split decision at the hands of Toshiyuki Igarashi.

Jaro won 116-112 on one card, but scores of 115-113 and 116-112 in favor of Igarashi crown a new lineal champion in the flyweight division.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol, there goes jaro's 15mins(more like secs)

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      It's one of 3 on my list of worst world champions that will lost their belts in next fight. Now time for Gaele and Bailey. I'd add there Wlodarczyk as well, but he may end up fighting Roy Jones so I'll wait.

Comment

Nothing more frustating then a fighting ending this way

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          Nothing more frustating then a fighting ending this way
          Ya it pissed me off but at least i got to see it,and how did Igrashi win the guy through pitter patter bs Jaro was hurting him over and over

Comment

Why would Jaro defend his title in Japan that fight should have been in the Phillipines.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
              Japan is where the money is in lower weight classes and Jaro I don't even think is that popular in Phillipines.
              Makes sense ..........

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                Ya it pissed me off but at least i got to see it,and how did Igrashi win the guy through pitter patter bs Jaro was hurting him over and over
                How did Uchiyama look in the early goings?

Comment

Igarashi's win no surprise as many had him favored even w/Jaro's upset title win, the biggest considering all weights & the champ in the past 3/4 years...

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Why would Jaro defend his title in Japan that fight should have been in the Phillipines.
                    No country in the world='s what Japan pays 2 broing in foreign fighters...ask Montiel a few yrs ago when he made $3/4 Mil...

Comment

Working...
                    X