No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Rejects Canelo-Chavez Without 156 Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Rejects Canelo-Chavez Without 156 Weight

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya has rejected a possible super-fight between Mexican superstars Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. - unless his promotional rival Top Rank agrees to a catch-weight of "156-pounds." De La Hoya, pressed with questions from reporters, stated he'll make the fight "only at 156."

[Click Here To Read More]

Chavez is too big to hit 156 without being drained. In fact I don't know how long he can stay at 160 or 168. I think he will be a LHW soon if he continues to fill out.
    Last edited by Boxingtech718v2; 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I thought 158 was generous I mean Chavez struggles with 160 so 156 would fully drain him.

Comment

Lol... Chavez jr can't make 156. Canelo beats him any weight though. Battle of the hypejobs

Comment

De La Hoya should make it 157, with a guaranteed May -vs- Pac fight in the clause

Comment

This is also what drives me nuts. Bob Arum's got time to negotiate Chavez Jr vs Canelo, and not May -vs- Pac; man I hate to say this as I know the senile guy is old but if he were 50 years younger, I'd've b1tch slapped him!!!

Comment

Seriously? Canelo should be able to beat the crap out of this kid at at any weight.

It seems pretty obvious that neither of these guys actually want to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                This is also what drives me nuts. Bob Arum's got time to negotiate Chavez Jr vs Canelo, and not May -vs- Pac; man I hate to say this as I know the senile guy is old but if he were 50 years younger, I'd've b1tch slapped him!!!
                You can still b!tch slap him son, dont feel bad he's filthy rich and is corrupt!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                  Chavez is too big to hit 156 without being drained. In fact I don't know how long he can stay at 168. I think he will be a LHW soon if he continues to fill out.

He's at 160, not 168.

LHW is 175.

Comment

156? The guy struggles to make the 160 weight, and I thought that maybe a 158 weight could be plausible but 156 is just impossible for Jr

Comment

Working...
                    X