who the greatest middleweight of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who the greatest middleweight of all time

i say sugar ray robinson or leonard.

When asked this question I can never choose between Monzon, Hagler, Robinson, or Greb.

Comment

My top 4 usually looks like this:

1. Harry Greb
      2. Ray Robinson
      3. Carlos Monzon
      4. Marvin Hagler

And then there are the likes of Ketchel, LaMotta, Walker, Zale, Cerdan, and Langford, who possibly could've beaten any of these fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddest man on da planet

Leonard isn't even close being greatest middleweight, he had only single fights in MW. But he is alltime top welter.
        Robinson is stronger case. Actually I haven't studied MW much since it has rarely been best and most talented weight class.

Besides Robinson Hagler and Monzon should be considered in top.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddest man on da planet
          Leonard???? That loser?

He didn't even have the guts to defend his title one time. he waited five years before getting the courage to face Hagler (the cheapened version) who at the time was more interested in retiring than fighting and badly deteriorated.

It's a wonder the kind of courage he developed watching deterioration show after turning down several invitations to fight Marvin the previous five years. But Leonard didn't have the heart for it until he saw he had an tired old man in front of him. I know he gets intimidated by young lions so he made sure he wasn't even in the division, giving his excuse why he didn't want to stay around. Then after two more years of fighting, he finally comes back down to 160 to fight Duran. To reclaim the same title he said he wasn't interested in defending. What a f*****g dick!!

he only gave Hearns one because he saw tommy coming off the worst performance of his career vs. Kinchen. he always wanted you if you put on a shaky performance. But nine years? That's unheard of.

Comment

my top 5 are

Greb,
            Robinson
            Darcy
            Walker
            Stanley Ketchel

Comment

Ray Robinson is a welterweight dumbass.

Comment

Originally posted by Void
                Ray Robinson is a welterweight dumbass.
                LOL!

I believe this is what one would call owning themselves, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by cple
                  My top 4 usually looks like this:

1. Harry Greb
                  2. Ray Robinson
                  3. Carlos Monzon
                  4. Marvin Hagler

And then there are the likes of Ketchel, LaMotta, Walker, Zale, Cerdan, and Langford, who possibly could've beaten any of these fighters.
                  Good list.

I take it you think Monzon would of defeated Hagler? How do you think this fight would play out?

Monzon had a jab that ranks among the division's best. He liked to hook off it to confuse his opponents before nailing them with a right hand that was accurate and carried knockout power.

Hagler, like Monzon, possessed a great jab and followed it up with a devastating right hook.

I think the difference would have been Monzon's long hard left jab. I can see Monzon scoring effectively from the outside, while staying out of range from Hagler's hook.
                  Last edited by TuPrincipe; 12-10-2005, 03:24 AM.

Comment

but on boxrec he is 1 middle of all time and he did win the middle weight championship

Comment

Working...
                    X