Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So on another topic, anyone expect Gamboa to struggle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So on another topic, anyone expect Gamboa to struggle?

I honestly thought Gamboa would get an easy knock out despite the ring rust. Farena surprised me. But I think my expectation for Gamboa's return was just maybe too high.

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
    I honestly thought Gamboa would get an easy knock out despite the ring rust. Farena surprised me. But I think my expectation for Gamboa's return was just maybe too high.
    Good point.

I did research on Farenas before the fight. I knew going in that he was a decent fighter with good skills and power. He's just slow. And, let's face it, everybody looks slow versus Gamboa. That said, I expected Yuri to end the fight pretty much how and when he wanted, even with the ring rust.

Gamboa gassed very early, so that probably saved Farenas from a knockout. But Michael impressed me with his toughness and determination. He was there to win, not be an opponent. With everything considered, it's no surprise Yuri didn't win by KO.

Comment

Gamboa is KO waiting to happen.

He fights way to overconfident.

Comment

Originally posted by koolttt View Post
        Gamboa is KO waiting to happen.

He fights way to overconfident.
        Finally, someone who sees it logically...

Comment

Thought he showed signs of rust after the lay-off and was over confident, he thought he could do what he wanted....for the most part, he did.

However, it wasn't a big deal. With all of that stuff, he still won 10 rounds, dropped a guy twice that had only ever been down once and started with a W in a new division. Looking forward to him fighting opponents that he takes seriously, then the low hands and clowning around wont be an issue.

Comment

Working...
          X