No announcement yet.

Edmonton's local boxing writer thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton's local boxing writer thread

my cities local boxing writer talking both the world & domestic scene...

Robert Helenius big fan of jari kurri and selanne

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/0...g-fan-of-kurri

Comment

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/1...crack-at-crown

Comment

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/2...t-fights-debut

Comment

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/11/2...tle-contention

Comment

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/12/0...es-in-the-ring

Comment

I dont know whats sadder.

That Edmonton has a better Boxing scene than Toronto.

or that someone working for The Sun has ability to write above Grade 3 level. You should check out Toronto Sun, there was study and they found the Sun catered to all the uneducated people and their articles were written in Grade 5 level English

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                I dont know whats sadder.

That Edmonton has a better Boxing scene than Toronto.

or that someone working for The Sun has ability to write above Grade 3 level. You should check out Toronto Sun, there was study and they found the Sun catered to all the uneducated people and their articles were written in Grade 5 level English
                lol! actually the sun is pretty generic. it's lots of pictures, easy to read & the sunshine girl...the paper is just exactly how you describe it & actually this murray greig boxing writer is pretty bias. any fight he writes about after sitting ringside is pretty commical because he seems to be the most of biased press row judge i can remember. edmonton is the only place that there is never a hometown decision. they actually rob the hometown fighter more often then not. our scene is pretty lame. adam trupish, that urash guy & tye fields, & a woman boxer were all we had. tye retired & the other 2 have moved on trupish to vegas & urash fights out of quebec....lots of construction workers buy the sun. just turn the page(not unfold it in sections), doesn't take up much space in the lunch table, a piece of ass to look at to start the day & last but not least not every construction worker finished school. having a paper like this is a great idea for those uneducated guys who make between $100000-$200000\year building this country...
                Last edited by joe strong; 12-08-2012, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  lol! actually the sun is pretty generic. it's lots of pictures, easy to read & the sunshine girl...the paper is just exactly how you describe it & actually this murray greig boxing writer is pretty bias. any fight he writes about after sitting ringside is pretty commical because he seems to be the most of biased press row judge i can remember. edmonton is the only place that there is never a hometown decision. they actually rob the hometown fighter more often then not. our scene is pretty lame. adam trupish, that urash guy & tye fields, & a woman boxer were all we had. tye retired & the other 2 have moved on trupish to vegas & urash fights out of quebec....lots of construction workers buy the sun. just turn the page(not unfold it in sections), doesn't take up much space in the lunch table, a piece of ass to look at to start the day & last but not least not every construction worker finished school. having a paper like this is a great idea for those uneducated guys who make between $100000-$200000\year building this country...
                  Yea but you actually have a writer who writes about Boxing.

I wish Toronto had decent boxing, cards that you can go to and see upcoming fighters. Only in Montreal this is possible.

We have good Amateurs but they turn into crap because we have NO PROMOTERS who put on semi-regular cards.

Its real sad when I see some of these HBO/Showtime cards in some Ghetto in USA with 500 people watching or some Native Reservation with all empty seats but it will be like Berto vs Mattysee fighting, real pathetic

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
                    Yea but you actually have a writer who writes about Boxing.

I wish Toronto had decent boxing, cards that you can go to and see upcoming fighters. Only in Montreal this is possible.

We have good Amateurs but they turn into crap because we have NO PROMOTERS who put on semi-regular cards.

Its real sad when I see some of these HBO/Showtime cards in some Ghetto in USA with 500 people watching or some Native Reservation with all empty seats but it will be like Berto vs Mattysee fighting, real pathetic
                    we have KO boxing. we use to have 3 promoters & there was a show ever month or 2 but now maybe 3 a year because KO is the only real promoter but our best fighter is a woman. adam trupish will be fighting some top 15 guy soon in vegas & arash is headlining the opening FNF in january vs an undefeated cuban...i only go if there is a decent card. i have difficulties watching women boxers. 2 minute rounds, etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X