Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right to Work Laws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unions strangle company's, companys spend millions lobbying to get rid of unions, unions gotten rid of, companys abuse employes, employees pickit for a union, unions created to enpower workers, unions given too much power, companys spend millions lobbying to get rid of unions, unions gotten rid of, company's abuse employees, ect ect ect

if only we could get companys to start paying their employees what their worth..........

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
      unions strangle company's, companys spend millions lobbying to get rid of unions, unions gotten rid of, companys abuse employes, employees pickit for a union, unions created to enpower workers, unions given too much power, companys spend millions lobbying to get rid of unions, unions gotten rid of, company's abuse employees, ect ect ect

if only we could get companys to start paying their employees what their worth..........
      my how magnificently you have it all figured out

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post

If you don't have the skills to get a high paying job with good benefits... why do you deserve it? If you have so little worth as an employee that you need a union to hide behind then I can understand your POV.

Anyways, I expect that right to work's enforcement could very well result in lower wages. However, lower wages doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Lower wages could still equal a perfectly livable wage while including greater employment. However, there is always incentive for employers to pay their employees more. Higher wages while still maintaining a competitive work environment (something that unions stifle) can mean a huge boost in production which can in turn help the economy greatly.

Regardless, when a company wants to hire an employee it should be between the employer and the employee as to what the terms of employment are. I'm not convinced the government, or a union (unless opted into), has much of a reason to be involved in that.

Comment

lower wages = lower costs

lower costs raise the standard of living...

the poor are hurt the most by rising prices, the wages dont keep up. every raise has a price increase already in it.

blame the companies that employ the people though, surely they're the enemy... not the unions that sit back and get fat wining and dining politicians wasting money that could be wages for even more workers

Comment

Originally posted by - v e t - View Post
            my how magnificently you have it all figured out
            people will always take advantage of other people, especially if they feel they are being taken advantage of.

if company just started treating their workers fairly, the workers wouldnt feel like they are being taken advantage of, if the workers dont feel their being taken advantage of then theres no need for a union, and even if there is a union the people dont feel their being taken advantage of so there is no need to aim for more then what they deserve because there is no resentment in thinking they are being taken advantage of.

if we all treat each other fairly then life wouldnt be this **** hole that it is.

Comment

I like the argument against Right to work, about non-union members getting the benefits of the unions without paying the dues. However, I don't think that is valid for an argument to vote against RoW. It more creates an argument as to why is there a federal law forcing unions to provide the contracts for non union members?

Comment

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post
                I like the argument against Right to work, about non-union members getting the benefits of the unions without paying the dues. However, I don't think that is valid for an argument to vote against RoW. It more creates an argument as to why is there a federal law forcing unions to provide the contracts for non union members?
                vote for it, it dosnt matter, the opinion of the people once it passes is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by One Capitalist View Post

If you don't have the skills to get a high paying job with good benefits... why do you deserve it? If you have so little worth as an employee that you need a union to hide behind then I can understand your POV.

Anyways, I expect that right to work's enforcement could very well result in lower wages. However, lower wages doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. Lower wages could still equal a perfectly livable wage while including greater employment. However, there is always incentive for employers to pay their employees more. Higher wages while still maintaining a competitive work environment (something that unions stifle) can mean a huge boost in production which can in turn help the economy greatly.

Regardless, when a company wants to hire an employee it should be between the employer and the employee as to what the terms of employment are. I'm not convinced the government, or a union (unless opted into), has much of a reason to be involved in that.

what a bunch of ******ed, for the corporations only, bull****. They should pay you to write these things for their propaganda stunts, you do write very well. But it's going to take a whole lot of air freshener to cover the stench of the turd that you just layed with that post.........Rockin'
                  Last edited by Rockin'; 03-25-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    what a bunch of ******ed, for the corporations only, bull****. They should pay you to write these things for their propaganda stunts, you do write very well. But it gonna take a whole lot of air freshener to cover the stench of what you just posted..........Rockin'
                    rockin, tell me this...

if things are THAT bad w/o unions, why wouldnt there be a competing business opening up that would treat workers fair, since there's apparently a surplus of workers willing to leave such hostile conditions...

why is it that these people dont invest in themselves or their future and become and entrepreneur or similar...

nobody is FORCING them to work for ONE company ONLY.... FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      what a bunch of ******ed, for the corporations only, bull****. They should pay you to write these things for their propaganda stunts, you do write very well. But it gonna take a whole lot of air freshener to cover the stench of what you just the turd that you just layed with that post.........Rockin'

Just another guy who thinks people owe him a job..

*golfclaps*

still waiting on how raising tariffs helps Private car companies.

Comment

Working...
                      X