No announcement yet.

Wlad's chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlad's chin

Wlad chin is not as bed as everybody is making it. Please have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPFnRC52GMM from 3:35.

Wlad took a huuuge punch cleanly as it can be (Wach right direct - he KOed many fighters with this one). After that Wlad remained totally coordinated, making Wach missed SEVEN punches and then he started to trade again in matter of seconds. His chin can't be that bad. Rahman KOed Lennox with the similar punch.

Now everybody will reference Sanders, Peter or Brewster fights - but that was looong tim ago.

You chose a clip where Wlad gets hurt by a punch as evidence of him not having a bad chin? Comparing Wach's power to Rahman's is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      You chose a clip where Wlad gets hurt by a punch as evidence of him not having a bad chin? Comparing Wach's power to Rahman's is stupid.
      I chose a clip where Wlad TOOK a punch and DIDN'T GET too hurt. Rahman MIGHT has been a bigger puncher, but honestly I don't see a big difference between these two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inehc0s0rDs (from 4:45).

Btw. Don't reply on that other thread - it'll become trolling. I'll write here.

Comment

Yes , I do judge the punch how does it looks. Not the power. But can't say Rahman power is overly superior to Wach. Wach is a huge dude who hits hard.

Not to go into off topic here. I am not arguing that Wlad has a better chin than Lennox had, but I am just making a point people are exaggerate when they talk about any boxer takes Wlad down even if he lands.

Comment

Wach has a mere 50% KO ratio against complete bums.

He is not a puncher despite his physical size. Wlad being a little shaken by a guy who doesn't stop bums half the time isn't a positive in regard to his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Wlad chin is not as bed as everybody is making it. Please have a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPFnRC52GMM from 3:35.

Wlad took a huuuge punch cleanly as it can be (Wach right direct - he KOed many fighters with this one). After that Wlad remained totally coordinated, making Wach missed SEVEN punches and then he started to trade again in matter of seconds. His chin can't be that bad. Rahman KOed Lennox with the similar punch.

Now everybody will reference Sanders, Peter or Brewster fights - but that was looong tim ago.
            haha making wach miss. wach missed because he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Wach has a mere 50% KO ratio against complete bums.

He is not a puncher despite his physical size. Wlad being a little shaken by a guy who doesn't stop bums half the time isn't a positive in regard to his chin.
              But that was a huge punch. But ok let's you don't want to give him credit for taking it well against a huge man.

Now re-watch the last round of Haye's fight. (Haye is a big puncher right?). He landed pretty clearly on Wlad but Wlad was able to take it very well and even to came back strong by the end of the round.

I don't think Wlad's chin is very top class but it is far from how people want to present it.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                haha making wach miss. wach missed because he sucks.
                Wlad was bending up and down and Wach missed both from the the top and bottom. If it was only due to Wach sucking, Wald wound't need to do anything.

I guarantee you that if Wlad was stationary Wach would land at least 5 of those 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  But that was a huge punch. But ok let's you don't want to give him credit for taking it well against a huge man.

Now re-watch the last round of Haye's fight. (Haye is a big puncher right?). He landed pretty clearly on Wlad but Wlad was able to take it very well and even to came back strong by the end of the round.

I don't think Wlad's chin is very top class but it is far from how people want to present it.
                  It was a 'huge' punch from someone who doesn't hit hard. It's not about not giving him credit, it's just not a big deal to take punches from a guy with a 50% KO ratio.

I recall the last round of the Haye fight, he got hit with a clean shot and held Haye for about 5 seconds, then shoved him to the floor. He did well to take that shot though.

Wlad has just about everything going for him and is a great fighter, but he always has and always will have a poor chin.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    It was a 'huge' punch from someone who doesn't hit hard. It's not about not giving him credit, it's just not a big deal to take punches from a guy with a 50% KO ratio.

I recall the last round of the Haye fight, he got hit with a clean shot and held Haye for about 5 seconds, then shoved him to the floor. He did well to take that shot though.

Wlad has just about everything going for him and is a great fighter, but he always has and always will have a poor chin.
                    Well when you are hit with a big punch you have a few options. Either to hold, or to protect yourself or to try to trade. The last is the most dangerous and not very clever (Chisorra is the latest proof of that).

Wlad took that Haye punch and was still coordinated enough to hold (same what Lennox did when Vitali landed that direct - he was holding till Vitali pushed him - nothing wrong with it).

Wlad doesn't have a POOR chin it is an average chin when you compare it to all HW champions and very good when you compare it to top contender fighters. Of course if you compare it to Vitali's chin it is poor, but so is Lennox's compared to Vitali's.

Comment

Working...
                    X