No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Feels Ready For Alexander Povetkin Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Feels Ready For Alexander Povetkin Clash

Fresh from his fifth round TKO win over Martin Rogan (14-3, 7 KOs), Irish heavyweight champion Tyson Fury (18-0, 13 KOs) feels ready to face WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (24-0, 16 KOs). Fury is likely going to return on June 30, with Povetkin facing mandatory challenger Hasim Rahman in July. There are some pre-fight issues. At the moment Fury is not ranked within the top-15 under the WBA.

[Click Here To Read More]

Mick Hennessey is full of shit, and judging by the size of him; that's a lot of shit.

Comment

in my opinion fury now has proven he can beat the C & C+ level fighters. chisora is B but was 260 vs fury so he wasn't in the best of shape but nonetheless it was a win for fury. i say fight a guy like kevin johnson or michael grant next. those are legit B level fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        in my opinion fury now has proven he can beat the C & C+ level fighters. chisora is B but was 260 vs fury so he wasn't in the best of shape but nonetheless it was a win for fury. i say fight a guy like kevin johnson or michael grant next. those are legit B level fighters.
        Kevin Johnson is pretty obviously a better fighter than Alexander Povetkin

Comment

He actually looked like a serious HW boxer in his last fight. He needs to stay at that weight.

Povetkin is a beatable target.

Comment

He's the best american by a country mile which is why his non-effort against Vitali was so frustrating, he used to post on here as it goes, i wish him all the best.

Comment

With how terribly Povetkin trains, and tires in a fight, I don't see how any HW contender doesn't feel "ready" for a fight with him. Two fights in a row Povetkin has looked sloppy, gassed and out of shape by the middle rounds.

Comment

Tyson Fury has refused to fight Mike Perez and says a bout with David Price can't happen because of T.V contracts. I think both guys would beat him. Perez is awaiting Irish citizenship and when that happens Fury will be forced to defend the Irish title against him. He will, of course, relinquish the belt rather than take the fight. I think you could fill a good sized pub
                with the amount of Heavyweights that could K.O Tyson Fury. Robert Helenius is a hugely over rated heavyweight and perhaps Fury should pursue that fight. Either Klitschko would seriously hurt Fury and, I suspect, Povetkin would give him a helluva beating. His refusal to fight Perez puts him down as a bum in my books. Perez on the other hand, has gone stateside and is fighting his way to a title shot. He may not take a Klitschko but he would take Povetkin if the fight ever happens.

Comment

Just watched the Fury-Rogan fight last night. Did Fury switch to fighting southpaw or has he always fought in that stance?...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Just watched the Fury-Rogan fight last night. Did Fury switch to fighting southpaw or has he always fought in that stance?...
                    He suddenly decided to fight southpaw, no one knew of this before the fight. Shocked a lot of people.

Am I the only one who thinks Povetkin chops Fury down?

Comment

Working...
                    X