Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley-Cotto. What if Nazim Richardson.....?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosley-Cotto. What if Nazim Richardson.....?

I know a lot of people think Nazim Richardson is a big factor in Mosley's career and this fight. Would there have been a different outcome if he had been Shane's trainer for Mosley-Cotto?

I had that fight a draw, but I have to watch it again. Since I got on a debate about this fight the other day

The fight was close IMO. So close that I think if Richardson was in the corner Shane would of won...

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
      I know a lot of people think Nazim Richardson is a big factor in Mosley's career and this fight. Would there have been a different outcome if he had been Shane's trainer for Mosley-Cotto?
      yeah i think shane mosley would haved been more aggressive and tried to work cotto's body more and maybe he would haved gotten a draw or something but miguel cotto was at the top of his game at that time

Comment

i thought that fight was close,and his rematches against forrest and winky weren't as bad a losses as the first matches.

i think at the point in time where Shane lost total faith in his dads focus and effort is when hes looked out of sorts and made fights harder for himself because he didnt have naz there for the tactical gameplan and orders in between rounds that he would be on board with following.

i swear when i watch jack mosley telling shane to do this and do that when hes sat in the corner,the looks on shanes face didnt look like total belief and faith to follow what hes was being told,and he talks back at what he thinks is/isnt going to work.

I think shane went into the cotto fight presuming that he would KO cotto,and when he didnt hurt him to the point of being able to get him outa there he changed his plan got on his feet and started using his speed and box more,but he was down so many round,even though the fight was still close.

When shane uses his speed, footwork and moves around and uses the jab and good combination's thats when he breaks people down and gets the power shots in or just plain outboxes them to win fights.

i see Shane being able to different things to Floyd and to adjust to whatever floyd does and be prepared for anything floyd may try.

Comment

One thing about Naazim is that he knows what to say to his fighter and how to inspire them. I could see him making enough of a difference to stop Shane allowing Cotto to win some of those rounds.

Comment

Working...
          X