No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs Simon Will Still Move Forward, on 12/9

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs Simon Will Still Move Forward, on 12/9

According to outlets in Germany, the canceled fight between Wladimir Klitschko and Jean Marc Mormeck will not abolish Gennady Golovkin's defense of the WBA "regular" middleweight title. It was announced on Monday that Wladimir, who required surgery on Saturday to remove a kidney stone, was going to withdraw from Saturday's fight with Mormeck at the ESPRIT Arena. Golovkin was scheduled for action in the co-feature against American boxer Lajuan Simon.

[Click Here To Read More]

great! another gimme fight for golovkin! YAY! maybe simon will surprise us like ole boy ouma and beat up on golovkin some.

Comment

Hopefully at some point in the next five years Universum will figure out that Golovkin is a legit talent and let him fight a legit opponent or two. Universum needs to realize Golovkin isn't Sturm or Zbik or Erdei: He won't crumble against real competition and he can make them big money if they let him

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post
        Hopefully at some point in the next five years Universum will figure out that Golovkin is a legit talent and let him fight a legit opponent or two. Universum needs to realize Golovkin isn't Sturm or Zbik or Erdei: He won't crumble against real competition and he can make them big money if they let him
        He's not with Universum anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by GatecrasherUA View Post
          He's not with Universum anymore.
          Forgot he just got his freedom. Good deal.

Comment

Saw Golovkin's last few fights and he really doesn't look like the hype he's being built on. He looks very fun to watch and aggressive (don't get me wrong I do enjoy watching him) just not as heavy handed or as skilled as some wish to tell me. I have a feeling he's actually regressing in terms of skills and trying to survive on power alone, which will not help him against someone like Martinez or even Pirog who can both move well.

Comment

Working...
            X