Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Hbo always overrate and force fighters like Russel and Berto on us?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Las Vegas. View Post
    HBO is in the star making business.
    hbo isn't a promotion company, they should be putting showing competitive fights on their airwaves

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
      yeah, cause it's the best fighter in the sport fighting and there are mofos that will pay to watch it (I didn't pay, I streamed it)...

however nobody wanna watch some prospect fighting an 8 round exhibition match on B.A.D.

put that bullshiet on youtube...
      Your right the best fighter in boxing was fighting, automatically worth 60 bucks. Why don't we pay that to see him shadow box himself then?

Comment

c'mon man, 8 round exhibitions don't belong on B.A.D.
        why not..thats good exposer,hes a good young fighter...atleast it's not like chavez jr where all his damn fights were ppv...hell this was free

Comment

its on free HBO..and he put on a good performance..i was entertained.and it was free boxing..whats there to be upset about???

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
            I can understand you being upset with Berto but Russell?

He seems humble enough and he's still pretty green.

He shows great skills, power, and speed but his durability is a question mark.

Have a little patience time will tell.
            To be honesty, even before the HBO hype, Russell has been touted as a future star in boxing for a long time.

Guys like Him, Rau'shee Warren, Michael Hunter and others have huge buzzes and high expectations from the amatuers.

I blame ignorate threads like this, and the comments that follow, on most of these not following amature boxing. If they did, then they would know it's just not HBO hyping up Russell.

FWIW Frankie Gomez and Jose Benevidez have a ton of buzz as well but I don't hear any crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Your right the best fighter in boxing was fighting, automatically worth 60 bucks. Why don't we pay that to see him shadow box himself then?
              mu****a you dont have to pay for it if you don't want to!

Comment

hbo isn't a promotion company, they should be putting showing competitive fights on their airwaves
                Certain promoters/managers bid for dates at the beginning of the year.

This was the date that Haymon got and he was just using it for Berto and another one of his fighters.

I really don't see the big deal as everyone does this.

When its an Arum date, you see a top name fighter and someone like Garcia. When it's GBP they use it for one of their top fighters with the undercard being that of an up and coming fighter they have.

Again, this is a Haymon date, so why wouldn't he use it to showcase an up and coming fighter of his.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                  why not..thats good exposer,hes a good young fighter...atleast it's not like chavez jr where all his damn fights were ppv...hell this was free
                  this shiet ain't free, you subscribe to HBO, therefore HBO should not be putting bullshiet 8 round exhibitions on their airwaves to paying customers.

Comment

mu****a you dont have to pay for it if you don't want to!
                    I don't, but to hear people complain about far less while getting bum****ed 6 ways to sunday by arum is simply crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                      its on free HBO..and he put on a good performance..i was entertained.and it was free boxing..whats there to be upset about???
                      kneegrow, you can be entertained on youtube.... HBO should put competitive fights on for it's customers, not ****in 8 round exhibition matches

Comment

Working...
                      X