Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes: If We Met, Would Slap The **** Out of Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vanes: If We Met, Would Slap The **** Out of Canelo!

Junior middleweight contender Vanes "The Nightmare" Martirosyan appeared on this week's edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene.com's weekly radio show. Below is a recap of some of the topics the outspoken Armenian touched on when speaking to co-hosts Ernest Gabion, Ryan Burton and Luis Sandoval. [Click Here To Read More]

His comments about Alvarez are right. I'm going to be looking real forward to who Alvarez faces after he beats Gomez. It intrigues me, will it be another 140-147 pound fighter? They say don't be harsh on Alvarez because he is a kid but he has a belt, if he doesn't want the responsibility with taking on threats when you have a belt then drop the belt.

Comment

Vanes keeping it gangsta no respect for Canelo when he slaps the **** outta him I hope he records it and put it on the internet for everybody to see

Comment

canelo will light this foo up

Comment

Vanes isn't as good as he thinks he is. According to him, he'd beat everyone, but he's lucky to have gotten the decision against Ouma and was dropped in his last fight by a journeyman. He says Cotto is the only fighter he respects, but the truth is, Cotto doesn't need the respect from a guy who hasn't achieved anything. Molina and Lara are more deserving of title shots than he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
            Vanes isn't as good as he thinks he is. According to him, he'd beat everyone, but he's lucky to have gotten the decision against Ouma and was dropped in his last fight by a journeyman. He says Cotto is the only fighter he respects, but the truth is, Cotto doesn't need the respect from a guy who hasn't achieved anything. Molina and Lara are more deserving of title shots than he is.
            Thats too much jump in competition level for Alvarez. I'd rather him fight Vanes or Angulo. I think Alvarez can actually beat Molina. Molina seems like an aggressive fighter but not with devastating power. He is actually kind of a light puncher from the fights I've seen him in. He seems to try to win points, which I guess is smart in some ways but I don't think he really has much pop.

After Gomez, I think Alvarez would be good to fight someone like Vanes, Angulo or Molina. But for right now I don't know if Alvarez's style is good enough to compete against Lara. Something makes me think Lara could make Alvarez look silly.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              Thats too much jump in competition level for Alvarez. I'd rather him fight Vanes or Angulo. I think Alvarez can actually beat Molina. Molina seems like an aggressive fighter but not with devastating power. He is actually kind of a light puncher from the fights I've seen him in. He seems to try to win points, which I guess is smart in some ways but I don't think he really has much pop.

After Gomez, I think Alvarez would be good to fight someone like Vanes, Angulo or Molina. But for right now I don't know if Alvarez's style is good enough to compete against Lara. Something makes me think Lara could make Alvarez look silly.
              Lara is too much for Alvarez, but let him fight contenders. Lara is soon strong enough to challenge Cotto...

Comment

Vanes is too funny..Only way he sees Alvarez in the ring is by gun point..Vanes is a real fight so I guess Alvarez can't be in one of those just yet..Running scared I tell ya..

Comment

I've seen Vanes rocked and dropped in fights, can't say the same for Canelo. I think Vanes is caught up in some type of hype bubble where he doesn't really mean what he is saying. He says nice things about Sergio and Angulo....two guys that he has 0 interest in fighting but talks smack about the younger, greener guy with a belt in Canelo.

I'd pick Canelo over Vanes in a match, his power would take control of the fight.

Comment

man canelo would mess this loud mouthed fool up. vanes is all bark and no bite. why do fighters dwell on other fighters? canelo ain't giving you that paycheck right now, so rather than do what you can to become mandatory challenger by fighting your way into position - you just keep bad mouthing them and talking ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X