No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia/Ajose Agreement Looms For Amir Khan Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia/Ajose Agreement Looms For Amir Khan Title Fight

An agreement is nearly in place for Ajose Olusegun (30-0, 14KOs) to step aside in order for Danny Garcia (23-0, 14KOs) to defend his WBC 140-pound title against former champion Amir Khan (26-2, 18KOs) on July 14th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Man, I really feel sorry for this guy. They realize what the WBC is doing and how they work and are just gonna take the money to step aside. Pretty sad that this type of **** goes on in boxing right in front of our eyes and nobody can do crap about it.

I wouldn't mind if Khan got his belts back and he was unifying with Garcia but it seems like it's just gonna be a title defense for Garcia which Ajose should be the one having a crack at it.

Comment

I feel bad because some fighters work hard all career to get a title shot. He's in place to get one, but because of politics and not being with the right people, he won't get his shot.

Comment

guy is gonna get some big money to step aside, no ned to feel sorry for him, but i agree, they seem to be tskin the piss with him.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
          guy is gonna get some big money to step aside, no ned to feel sorry for him, but i agree, they seem to be tskin the piss with him.
          Why is there no need to feel sorry for him? He wants the belt and has been pushed aside multiple times. He's only taking the step aside deal because he knows he won't get the fight for the belt no matter what happens, even if Khan doesn't get his belts back.

Comment

What is this like the 3rd or 4th time he had to step aside? Am sure he would get fed up at one point.

Comment

Ajose should have taken the step aside money when they had the leverage. Now that it's pretty obvious the WBC is going to rule in favor of Garcia if they vote, the Garcia camp doesn't need to pay Ajose as much.

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                It's not ALL about money bro. Fighters care about their accomplishments too. You got some bums or people who DO NOT deserve title shots getting them while you got people like this guy just stepping aside time after time.

Once he's gone from the game and looks back wtf is he or his fans gonna say about him? Oh this guy accomplished stepping aside a million times for other people to get a title shot that he DESERVED.

Comment

Can these fighters sue these sanctioning bodies for what they do/are doing? If suing it's gonna get you more money than fk taking the "step aside" money and sue their asses. Start a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Can these fighters sue these sanctioning bodies for what they do/are doing? If suing it's gonna get you more money than fk taking the "step aside" money and sue their asses. Start a trend.
                    I guess not unless they have something in writing... like a contract

Comment

Working...
                    X