• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nose in,
    Mouth out.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
      what tactics do you use to not panic when getting hit with a good shot and shakin up. i heard some boxers say they clinch and breath deep and relax but whats the best tactic? also what breathing techniques take away anxiety namely butterflys? i get so excited i get tense before i spar and this drains me how can i kill the excitement?
      To me, the definition of boxing is beating Mike Tyson's record and becoming the youngest heavyweight champion and the greatest and most exciting fighter ever.

And in order to be a boxer, you have to be a mean crazy mother****er who smells fear and bobs and weaves and slips and moves inside to unleash hell and kill.

So if you are this man, box. If not, go return your gloves to wal-mart. A fighter has to have fear. Fear is the fight or flight response to danger, and if you control it, you can fight. Fight through it. end of story.

if youre boxing to kill the mother****er, and he hits you, it will frustrate you, make you laugh, but if you get butterflys, wtf?you need to change your mentality or not box

Comment

poker face baby!

Comment

Sucking toes eh? Never tried that. I hate feet, so I see why I never have.

For breathing. I basically do what GSP (georges st. pierre) does. He puts his hand behind his head, and his thumb on the center of his chest (between the pecks). Then you rub. Rub the back of your head, and the center of your chest(with your thumb). I think it works. I do it before I do high intensity things. There are pressure points in both those areas, so it should work for you.

If you get hurt during a fight. Your pretty much screwed on the breathing thing. There are so many things that need to be done that if you focus on taking deep breaths, you can get "lights out". Clinching is pretty much all you can do. Unless you have Gatti type of endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hook00513z View Post
            To me, the definition of boxing is beating Mike Tyson's record and becoming the youngest heavyweight champion and the greatest and most exciting fighter ever.

And in order to be a boxer, you have to be a mean crazy mother****er who smells fear and bobs and weaves and slips and moves inside to unleash hell and kill.

So if you are this man, box. If not, go return your gloves to wal-mart. A fighter has to have fear. Fear is the fight or flight response to danger, and if you control it, you can fight. Fight through it. end of story.

if youre boxing to kill the mother****er, and he hits you, it will frustrate you, make you laugh, but if you get butterflys, wtf?you need to change your mentality or not box
            what the hell made u bump this after a year and where did u find it?

Comment

this is the stupidest forum ive seen in my life. its like a club of the same 3 or 4 people talkin about dumb **** on the internet. i see people with the same ****in avatars and **** every thing. im searchin these forums on an account i just started usin to LEARN things, and maybe help others, so i put my answer. its a year old?then why the hells it in page 2 or 3

training and nutrition page 2 or 3.

Comment

this is the stupidest forum ive seen in my life. its like a club of the same 3 or 4 people talkin about dumb **** on the internet. i see people with the same ****in avatars and **** every thing. im searchin these forums on an account i just started usin to LEARN things, and maybe help others, so i put my answer. its a year old?then why the hells it in page 2 or 3

Go back to jackin off over Mike Tyson videos ******.

Comment

were u being harsh or sarcastic to me?

Comment

Working...
                  X