Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The question that matters is that if Floyd had Miguel Cotto @ 147, Margarito and Paul Williams on his resume, how would that change his ATG status?

I can't imagine it would have done much.
    It would have justified Arum claiming Floyd was better than SRR, Ali, and Leonard. Beating those two future 1st ballot Hall of Famers would have done wonders.

All kidding aside, one win over Paul Williams would have sufficed. But it had to be before the first Quintana loss, or right after Williams blasted Quintana in 1 round.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      I was with you until the bold. He didn't enter 140 until 2004, Kostya was hurt at the time, after the Leija fight. Do you not remember or were you not watching boxing?
      Why couldn't Floyd fight Tszyu at 140 before that?

Floyd made Hatton move up from 140 to 147 to fight him.

Floyd made JMM move up TWO DIVISIONS from 135 to 147 to fight him.

Why couldn't Floyd fight Kostya at 140?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        It would have justified Arum claiming Floyd was better than SRR, Ali, and Leonard. Beating those two future 1st ballot Hall of Famers would have done wonders.

All kidding aside, one win over Paul Williams would have sufficed. But it had to be before the first Quintana loss, or right after Williams blasted Quintana in 1 round.
        Quintana beat Williams what 6 months after Williams beat Margarito, a lot of time to make that fight~

Comment

Floyd after the Hatton fight, "I'm not trying to fight no welterweights"

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Fighting the best fighters in your fourth weight class doesn't add to your resume???
            Fraud had nothing left to prove??
            F L O M O S are really ok with Fraud having Zab, Baldo, and full time promoter DLH instead of Cotto and Tony?
            Am I really reading this?

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
              Fighting the best fighters in your fourth weight class doesn't add to your resume???
              F L O M O S are really ok with Fraud having Zab, Baldo, and full time promoter DLH instead of Cotto and Tony?
              they've been doing this shit for the last 5 yrs; "why should the lineal WW champion fight the best WW contenders?" :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                I like how you changed my words around. I said ATG status, not "resume". Of course it adds to your resume. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But does it add to your ATG status?

Say Floyd is top 50. How much higher would he be if he beat Paul Williams, Cotto and Margarito. 40? 30? 25? 10?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Why couldn't Floyd fight Tszyu at 140 before that?

Floyd made Hatton move up from 140 to 147 to fight him.

Floyd made JMM move up TWO DIVISIONS from 135 to 147 to fight him.

Why couldn't Floyd fight Kostya at 140?
                  why does everyone leave out the fact that JMM called out floyd and asked to come up in weight????????????

Comment

God, I'm so sick of these threads. Floyd didn't fight the best he could've, we get it.

Comment

De La Hoya and Hatton were huge fights. The fact that he won those means that he did put in the work and training to stay competitive in those.

After a while, your heart just isn't in it anymore.

Currently, I'm not surprised that Floyd is in it for the money and not the game. I can't say it's a good attitude, but it's worth understanding where he's probably coming from.

Comment

Working...
                      X