No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hooper Says Risk Was Worth it For Aboriginal Culture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hooper Says Risk Was Worth it For Aboriginal Culture

LONDON - Australian boxer Damien Hooper said it was worth the risk of getting into trouble with officials on Monday when he wore a t-shirt bearing the Aboriginal flag to the ring before his first round win.

[Click Here To Read More]

What's the matter Freedom, are you sad because you thought he was white?

Comment

boy looks white to me.. don't understand the issue though, why would he get in trouble?
      can an australian explain the situation to me?

Comment

some of these amateur organizations need 2 loosen up, get current & stop worrying how much $$ they can take in...

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
          boy looks white to me.. don't understand the issue though, why would he get in trouble?
          He came to the ring wearing an aboriginal flag rather then an austrialian one. Kinda of disrespectful to austrialia

And Olympic officials didn't like it either because apparently theyre extremely strick with dress code, being the only sport that doesnt allow participants to wear their countries colors

Comment

I wonder if he'd be in as much trouble or any if he wore both Aboriginal colors as well as Australian. I guess the equivalent would be a Native American boxer wearing his tribal symbol instead of the ol' red, white and blue. Props to him though for standing up for what he believes in.

Anyways if he wins gold, it'll be a moot point.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              I didn't know Australian Aboriginals had blue eyes.

http://www.london2012.com/athlete/ho...amien-1125171/

I learn something new every day.
              He's not Caucasian...

Caucasians aren't the only ones that can have blue eyes.

And he's mixed, in this times many aboriginals are mixed

Just look at the kid of the woman of my avi... Goddess Paula Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                You should check out the All Blacks rugby team, many modern Maoris look white, the same with Aboriginals thanks to the mixing,

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  LONDON - Australian boxer Damien Hooper said it was worth the risk of getting into trouble with officials on Monday when he wore a t-shirt bearing the Aboriginal flag to the ring before his first round win.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  Also

War Damien Hooper!!!

I liked his style, and his swag, he could have a pretty interesting Pro Career, he should first become a household name like Mundine did in Australia, when he got a lot of money just for his first pro fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    I didn't know Australian Aboriginals had blue eyes.

http://www.london2012.com/athlete/ho...amien-1125171/

I learn something new every day.
                    His father was white but he has never met him, brought up by indigenous mother and grandmother within Aboriginal culture. Has legal and cultural right to identify as indigenous even if he does not fully appear Aboriginal. Just need to hear him talk and his general manner to see his Aboriginal roots.

Comment

Working...
                    X