Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need your suggestions/votes in choosing my next gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellas please, I want feedback and votes.

Comment

I actually found a store in my area where they sell brand name combat sports equipment. The one's they had available at the store were the IMF's training gloves, Fairtex and Twins gloves.

The Twins training gloves and IMF - tech training gloves were pretty close, the IMF's had more padding on the knuckle area, but the fit and feel were good for both brands. I am leaning towards the IMF's at this point.

The one thing about the Ultimate bag gloves is that it comes in tan color, which gives it the old-school look. Has anyone tried the Ultimate bag gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
        I actually found a store in my area where they sell brand name combat sports equipment. The one's they had available at the store were the IMF's training gloves, Fairtex and Twins gloves.

The Twins training gloves and IMF - tech training gloves were pretty close, the IMF's had more padding on the knuckle area, but the fit and feel were good for both brands. I am leaning towards the IMF's at this point.

The one thing about the Ultimate bag gloves is that it comes in tan color, which gives it the old-school look. Has anyone tried the Ultimate bag gloves?
        So you're doing all this hard work, just to look cool?

If you're heart aint really in boxing, get out before you get hurt.

Comment

Get these:

Comment

You want to protect your hands when working the heavy bag. Get a pair of gloves specific for that. The Super bag gloves are great in that regard and don't cost that much. I use the Power bag gloves because I like adding the weights as I only do it for a workout. The Super bag glove is the same glove without the weight system.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
              I'm not sure which one to pick, would like some feedback.

In the past I've worn Rings*de and Fairtex bag gloves. For tourneys/sparring I've worn Rings*de, Fairtex and Cleto Reyes fight gloves.

I was checkin' out T*tle and Rings*de's websites and I was surprised that they also have "Training" gloves along with bag gloves, sparring glove & fight gloves .

****, back in my amateur days, I thought there were only two types of gloves.... bag gloves and fight gloves(i left it to my coach to buy the gloves for me and never really bothered with checkin' out the websites myself)

Now, I don't feel like spending $$$ on purchasing two gloves for the heavybag and one for sparring. Are Training gloves suppose to be a cross between bag gloves and sparring gloves?

And if this is the case, then I guess I'm buying the Training gloves. Or is it still better to buy two types of gloves to serve different purposes? Please advise
              yea man..... im not sure what the difference is between training, sparring, bag gloves blah blah blah..... at our gym we we use sparring and or training gloves (same thing) for every activity

16 ounces at least for the heavy bag, sparring, double end bag, mitt work, etc. Makes your body used to the 16s, makes you faster so when you put on 10 or 12 ounces for a fight they feel like nothing!

Also idk if your like me but i've trained and fought in Cleto Reyes & Everlast gloves and i always seem to hurt my hands.... until i bought some Winning gloves, they're the best!!! Never had a problem... EVER. They a bit expensive but def. worth it...... also you may want to think about Grant, i've never tried they're gloves but have heard some great things... and their not too expensive

Comment

Working...
              X