Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: R. Garcia on Why Rios Gives Marquez ‘A Hell of a Fight’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rios will be exposed against the worlds best counter puncher, c'mon tips barely beat Abril and Murray lasted almost the entire fight! Marquez will expose him and KO the gordo Bam bam !

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that Brandon Rios' punch resistance is more heart than chin?

Comment

Oh man Rios wouldn't win a round , his style is made for Marquez .. Marquez would knock him out for sure

Comment

Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
          I'd rather see Marquez fight Canelo at a 150 CW. This is going to end in Rios getting knocked out, but Marquez will take some damage and gain nothing from beating Rios up. IMO Pacquiao-Rios makes more sense. Pac would destroy Rios but it would be an entertaining fight. This would be my plan for Pac: Rios, Bradley rematch and JMM. If he were to loose before getting to JMM time to retire. For JMM Canelo in May, Retire or Pac later in the year.
          Canelo needs to fight a fkn jmw, any jmw would be a start. Canelo is waaay too big for Marquez, who is not even a welter, and besides, catch-weights suck ****.

Pacquiao will fight Rios next because The BobFather has already indicated that Pac/Rios is in his plans. Bradley will not be there for Manny to hit, so he will not be next, if ever.

Pac desperately needs a look-good opponent, and the smaller come-forward Rios fits the bill perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by dnut17 View Post
            I think it's you forgetting how both Acosta and Alvarado hurt Rios. He will get hurt like that against Marquez and then finished. He gets hit to much chin is overated. Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley all proved you get hit enough on it you're going down. Plus this fight means absolutely nothing to Marquez. Rios is just another guy.
            Good points, you're probably right there.

Comment

marquez toys with him and knocks him out arum will probably feed rios to pac

Comment

Man people just keep underestimating Rios, im telling you. I know he annoys a lot of people but he is a bulldozer. I am not saying he beats JMM but he employs relentless pressure and he really brutalizes people with his heavy hands. Rios is not Katsidis and he has underrated defense too. I still favor JMM to win since hes such a brilliant technician but I think Rios is more than people think he is. I think Rios gives Manny and JMM a hell of a fight. I know most will not agree but I guess we will see. Also Rios is not smaller by any means, he is taller than JMM and Manny and he starves down to 140 basically. He will come in the ring at 150+ easy. Obviously this is a big step up in class for Rios to fight either JMM or Manny but I still think it will be a tough fight for them.

Comment

yeah wrong

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                  Man people just keep underestimating Rios, im telling you. I know he annoys a lot of people but he is a bulldozer. I am not saying he beats JMM but he employs relentless pressure and he really brutalizes people with his heavy hands. Rios is not Katsidis and he has underrated defense too. I still favor JMM to win since hes such a brilliant technician but I think Rios is more than people think he is. I think Rios gives Manny and JMM a hell of a fight. I know most will not agree but I guess we will see. Also Rios is not smaller by any means, he is taller than JMM and Manny and he starves down to 140 basically. He will come in the ring at 150+ easy. Obviously this is a big step up in class for Rios to fight either JMM or Manny but I still think it will be a tough fight for them.
                  yeah buldoze my balls.. this rios is still an overrated hyping job.. he does not know how to adjust.. he doesnt even clinche when he is in trouble.. still he has not beaten an elite.. let him fyt the likes of maidana, matthysse, first to serve as his litmus test.. I still see him small for 140.. skinny and prone to being k.O.ed!

Comment

Originally posted by badsky_pogi View Post
                    yeah buldoze my balls.. this rios is still an overrated hyping job.. he does not know how to adjust.. he doesnt even clinche when he is in trouble.. still he has not beaten an elite.. let him fyt the likes of maidana, matthysse, first to serve as his litmus test.. I still see him small for 140.. skinny and prone to being k.O.ed!
                    I doubt he will be fighting Maidana any time soon
                    considering they are both Garcia fighters.

BUT, I do agree for the most part. Does not adjust,
                    he has one style and one only, does not clinche when
                    hurt, tested but not fully. I cannot get my head around
                    the fact that Pacquiao could keep Margarito off of him,
                    why would it be any different with Rios? Rios could give
                    Marquez more trouble simply because he is only as active
                    as the rival, meaning he is not aggressive enough to
                    keep him completely off. Pacquiao is, and has amazing
                    foot work.

It would be a war, but Marquez would take it. Great
                    counter punching, specially on a very active Rios, BUT
                    with FOOT WORK.

Marquez is the complete package, is he not?
                    Amazing counter puncher, great precision, outstanding
                    defense, speed, power, head movement,
                    foot work. Most importantly, a boxing genius, a
                    God of the sweet science, intelligence second to
                    none.

He is a man of many crafts and abnormally
                    a master of many.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
                      I agree, good post.

Rios has two intangibles that will always keep him competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X