Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eh man is starting training in Boxing at age 19 too late for a career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know guys who never walked into a boxing gym untill they were 27 , 28 and went pro.

Comment

I see no reason why you can't go pro. In fact you could probably be Deontay Wilder's next opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by King Ghidorah View Post
        I train in both MMA and Boxing and started doing so last year this month.....

I train at both gyms but wanna do Boxing more so...Its a lot closer to home for me....

I'm 20... 5'11 225lbs and have a 77-78 inch reach...Am I too late?
        There is a really good chance you fckin suck... So regardless of how long your arms are just stick to watching it on TV and thinking it looks like fun.

Comment

Too old to make a real impact unless you end up a phenom, but young enough to learn some serious skills before it's too late. You can become a talented amateur it all depends on your skills. Also you should lose some weight i'm 6'0 and 160lbs I could easily make 154 if I dehydrated myself. I used to be about 215lbs 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            At 5'11 and 225 I'd give my honest opinon stick to MMA and work on a ground game. Today's heavywieghts range upto 6'8 and I'd say you would be too small. You would have to have Iron Mike tyson speed, defense and heavy hands. Defense can take years to master and at 20 your odds are agnist you
            I have heavy hands everyone tells me that and the guy I was working pads with has trained with Mike when Mike was 16 and said I hit hard and once I develope technique i'll be knocking guys out....
            Last edited by King Ghidorah; 11-19-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

lol you should train first get some sparring then see where it goes from there.

Comment

you are too late

Comment

nah man keep working as hard as you can in Boxing and see where it takes you. I know guys who came into the gym im at at 26 and 27 and won Golden Gloves. You should def do as much amateur boxing as you can professional now that is a different story...

Comment

19 is not to late if you have talent for the sport, which you likely need anyways if you are to really make a career of it.

As long as you are willing to learn you should be able to grow plenty with the right teacher, if you think you are naturally awesome and are unwilling to listen to solid advice then your improvements will reflect that but that goes for any age and starting point really.

Comment

Originally posted by BBFM View Post
                      lol you should train first get some sparring then see where it goes from there.
                      Thats what I do anyways... I was sparring wit a guy that fought on HBO's undercard....

Comment

Working...
                      X