Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Training for a fight. (2 month preparation)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good work.....sounds like you're learning your range with punches

Comment

Today I trained at HOC, I was there for about 4 hrs., but actually only trained for about 2 hrs. after injuring myself. Its not too bad. I sprained my left thumb, sprained my right thumb-toe and pulled a muscle in my left arm and had my right arm hyper extended almost to the point of snapping from an armbar. I am limping, and in a little bit of pain on just about every limb on my body, but it was all worth it and I am sure it will all pay off in the end.

I worked jiu-jitsu for a while and while doing so, pulled the muscle in my left arm and sprained my right thumb. I jogged around and shook it off for a few then jumped back in to roll around. I jumped in with a guy whom I previously tapped out and out weighed me by 80 lbs. with 9 in. of height. He wanted it bad, and my head was getting too big so I took it a little light, and in my **** up.... he armbared me so tight that I could'nt tap nor could I talk for a second due to feeling so much pain. I was lying the opposite way and got armbared... and it was secured. There goes my right arm.

Now, after having my right thumb sprained and both of my arms hyperextended I told myself that I was done working BJJ for the day, now it was time to work my takedowns again. So now I have one of my buddies throw on the gloves and take swings at me while I practiced my takedowns. I was makin it happen for the most part and it felt good.... until........ I sprained my right thumb-toe going in for the shoot. I did a few more until I just could not do anymore due to all the pain I was feeling in all these different places on my body.
      *MMA Training = 2 hrs.; BJJ, Takedowns.

For a little bit longer, just feeling beat up a bit and stretching up... I just sat and watched the other guys, listened to some of the instructors at HOC and their techniques.... learned some new ****. Tomarrow I am taking a rest, and will be back the following day, Monday. Thanks for the support everyone. Get at ya soon!

- Adam Salas
      June 14, 2003

Comment

okay, here we go again...

i have'nt posted in a bit, been training and workin alot. got a new job that makes me sweat and physically work hard, diggin, poundin, layin concrete and running cables, unground piping... all kinds of ****. so i've been getting in shape. i am steadily losing weight. i am now down to 149 lbs.

to make this short... my bjj has been improving, my cardio is top knotch, and my stand up is doing preaty good. i am competing at the Tito Ortiz Invitational on July 19th, here in HB. I've been eating good, and doing nothing but advancing. i'm completly healed and ready to progress in order to beat the **** outta this ****, Rudy Suissa. This guy says he is gonna be me by heart..... coz i got none. this mother****er don't even know me. **** that. i was lookin for a win.... now i'm lookin to hurt him....... bad.

i'll check back here periodically and let ya'll know how my training is comming along and what new **** i'm learning to help any of you out there that wanna now how my program goes and some new moves that i might encounter, and some moves that might help you improve your game. take it for what its worth.

- D
        June 28, 2003

Comment

Working...
        X