Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

I never knew why Golden Boy never protected Amir Khan like they do with Canelo. Not that I'm complaining. I respect the fact that Amir Khan is facing tough oppositions. But this is just out of curiosity. They were trying to turn Amir Khan into a star.

they were protecting him so well with kotelnik, malignaggi, salita type fights. took a risk with maidana and figured well he made it through that one. he's ready for anyone. wrong. they bought into the maidana hype just like everyone else. they didn't realize he was terrible and had no skill i guess. someone with skill and power put khan to sleep. back to the light punchers for awhile.

Comment

Nobody touches Canelo because GBP need a golden PPV egg, he's all they got

Comment

I think it's got more to do with Khan than anything else, the guy literally wants to fight the best, remember he chased Bradley for a year and at the time Khan and Bradley were considered the best in the division, but of course Bradley refused to take the Khan fight in the end.

Khan gets a lot of credit from me, he's a true warrior even when he got knocked down with that great shot from Garcia he was still trying to dig deep and fight back. I think most people wouldn't have got up the way that shot landed.

Comment

Khan's hunger, heart, and focus are second to none ... he wants to fight the best and be the best ..

Just a poor defense and unreliable chin

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            they were protecting him so well with kotelnik, malignaggi, salita type fights. took a risk with maidana and figured well he made it through that one. he's ready for anyone. wrong. they bought into the maidana hype just like everyone else. they didn't realize he was terrible and had no skill i guess. someone with skill and power put khan to sleep. back to the light punchers for awhile.
            i wouldnt call malignaggi a protected fight. It was khans 1st fight in america and paulie can box

Comment

i would say it's because he got ko'd by prescott in a fight that wasn't considered a "step up". no reason to protect a guy if he's getting flattened by the likes of prescott. they probably figured the guy is at least an entertaining fighter, throw him to the wolves and get some fan-friendly fights in the process. i don't think he was with golden boy at the time of that fight either. he already had the L when they signed him so what is their to protect?

Comment

To be honest it has more to do with Team Khan, they are amatuerish at best, they are more concern and Khan making more money, They take fights that they shouldn't have and they chase people who they don't need to chase, Why go fight Lamont Pederson in his hometown when they didn't need to? Either they were overconfident, overrating Khans ability or just plain amateurs.

Comment

They were he didnt lose to top fighters,he lost to b grade fighters

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
                    Khan's hunger, heart, and focus are second to none ... he wants to fight the best and be the best ..

Just a poor defense and unreliable chin
                    Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X