No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Takes Full Blame, Doesn't Rule Out a New Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Takes Full Blame, Doesn't Rule Out a New Trainer

Amir Khan has taken full responsibility for his defeat to Danny Garcia last weekend - but still implied changes could be afoot.

Khan told Sky Sports he was not blaming trainer Freddie Roach for the loss that saw him part once more with the WBA light-welterweight title.

The Briton had earlier told The Mirror that perhaps being number two to Manny Pacquiao in Roach's Wild Card gym was not such a good thing after all.

And while re-iterated those sentiments, he insisted the blame for the fourth-round stoppage lay entirely at his own door.

"Freddie's a great trainer. I'm taking the whole blame, it was my fault," he said. "There are a few things we shouldn't have done in training camp and could have done differently, but me and Freddie will sit down and talk through it.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I would like to see Khan train with Floyd Sr

Comment

I don't think there is a trainer alive that can take Khan to where he thinks he should be.

Comment

No trainer can train out Khan's bad habits. LOL.
        He would probably be better with someone orthodox and defensive, like Steward or Atlas. Roach wasn't the best choice for Khan as his fighters have little defensively on the inside and rely on their chins.
        But I think Khan is beyond help at world level. Against anyone that's even a moderate puncher Khan will be in trouble.
        Sick of hearing about this dude's 'natural talent' and his annoying ass voice saying 'I wanna prove that I'm a great champion'
        Dude is average and has been exposed.

Khan Vs Ortiz - Battle of the losers should be next... Though Ortiz wins by KO before the 4th

Comment

Khan needs a new trainer his name Roger Mayweather

Comment

A trainer is only as good as the fighter he has to work with. All this Pacmania nonsense spread like wildfire and most everyone got caught up. Roach received a lot of credit for simply being the owner of the first gym Pac entered when he hit the states. Nothing more, mothing less. Just like Roger Mayweather is fortunate to have Floyd Jr has a nephew. Just like Merkerson was fortunate to have Roy Jones as a pupil. And so forth and so on. And its not just boxing. I mean , I didn't hear anyone saying Bill Belechick was a genius when he was in Cleveland. Heck, he's so smart that Mo Lewis had to darn near kill Drew Bledsoe for him to put Brady. I'd think a football genius would be smart enough to realize he has a Hall of Fame QB on the roster. Just points to coaching, and in the sport of boxing training, being extremely overrated.
            Last edited by hitking; 07-18-2012, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Khan should definitely hire a new training. And the perfect trainer for Khan is Mr Retire Youbum

Comment

I don't blame Freddie, but I need a new trainer.

Comment

Khan can be saved! Wlad was saved. He has to find a trainer that accents his size and speed. He makes himself too small in attacking his opponents. If you don''t have the chin that offense will get you in to trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
                    Khan can be saved! Wlad was saved. He has to find a trainer that accents his size and speed. He makes himself too small in attacking his opponents. If you don''t have the chin that offense will get you in to trouble
                    Wlad wasn't saved. The competition just got crappier.

Comment

Working...
                    X