Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For:Roach: I Prefer Andy Lee For The Chavez Jr. Fight in June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For:Roach: I Prefer Andy Lee For The Chavez Jr. Fight in June

Trainer Freddie Roach recently appeared on BoxingScene.com's official audio show, The Boxing Lab, and discussed the possible opponents to face WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (45-0, 31KOs) on June 16th in El Paso, Texas. The two fighters being considered are Andy Lee (28-1, 20KOs) and Vanes Martirosyan (32-0, 20KOs). Roach, who also works with Vanes, would Lee as the opponent.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lee is d only logical opponent for Chavez at d moment since lee and martinez are both managed by DiBella
    Chavez should be fighting Martinez but hes duckin him fightin Lee is d only way to keep DiBella quiet....
    And im picking Lee to win this

Comment

The Vanes Roach thing would be a block to that fight so hopefully this gets done.

Comment

Let's hope it's Lee. I'd like to see JCC fight someone that he doesn't outweigh by 20 lbs on fight night.

Comment

Lee vs Chavez is a very interesting fight. Lee is the more skilled boxer with better athleticism while Chavez is the larger man with I think the better chin. If Lee can keep this fight at a distance and resist exchanges I think he can win a decision. Chavez if he can get inside and work the body might be able to grind Lee down and get a late stoppage.

Comment

Anything to avoid Sergio right? Get off the diuretics Chavez or move up to where you belong at SMW.

Comment

Ill bet u do.

Comment

Damn these bit@hes still got theyre running shoes on. Pu$$yboy B level chavez jr. Now thats a mexican warrior ....a 190lber running from little OLD Sergio a true 154-160lber. Eat a dic% you pu$$y chavez jr, top rank and Wbc. Give the true wbc champ back his belt Sergio a true warrior

Comment

Freddie know vanes will whoop his cash cow... Freddie and alex both know and before they were hired to train Chavez both were continually begging top rank for a Chavez vs martirosyan bout as they knew that their fighter which at the time was vanes would whoope that hypejob. All this is is Freddie prOtecting his pocketbook... Vanes has already come out and said he would accept fight and guess what Freddie hasn't trained vanes the last few fights and has had no issues with that as he's given vanes his blessing on using his current full time current trainer (Edmond tarverdyan, glendale fighting club)

Comment

Jr would have to ask Sr if it's ok to go train in the Philippines .

Comment

Working...
                    X